Chapter 7: Never wake Percy up

Percy/Archangel's P.O.V

I put my head in my hands and silently screamed as everyone shouted across each other across the campfire. They whole camp was "debating" (arguing the toss) about how the monsters could have gotten into camp. This had been going on for at least half the day, and already I have been driven half insane. Now usually I don't get involved in politics, but I couldn't stand another second of this arguing.

"QUIET!" I screamed and Skia whinny as loud as she could. Immediately everyone sat down and shut up. I reverted into what Luke called my "Princely mode", which, in other words, is called taking control of a situation.

"Now, we can safely assume that Order was the one who allowed the monsters into the camp, ultimately rendering the defences useless." I said, and everyone looked around nervously.
"If we are going to do something, we need to do it now, instead of arguing!"

Everyone looked down, except one arrogant boy. A boy who I thought was dead. A boy who I had hoped never to see again.

Brutus O'Donnahue. (A/N: Ha-ha, bet you thought he was dead, didn't you?)

He sauntered forward, his greasy hair swaying with each step. I internally groaned, and from the corner of my eye, I could see my friends gripping their weapons, hungry for his death.

"Who are you, to tell us what to do? I bet I could beat you in a fight any day, you wuss" He boasted, but everyone laughed, except me. This man killed my family, took my girlfriend, ruined my life. I have never hated any in my entire life as much as I hate this man.

"Brutus, he single handily destroyed an army of monsters without even breaking a sweat." Hera laughed, but Brutus tried (and failed) to puff out his chest, and walked up to me, but Poppy placed herself in the way.

"Stop being mean to my friend" She yelled, and my heart filled with pride. But then Brutus grabbed her and threw her forcefully to the ground.

"Shut up ya' litt-" He didn't get to finish as I flipped him over and held his face to the ground. My wings flew open, and I lit them with shadow fire. Everyone moved back, terrified, because they knew that a touch could kill them.

"If you EVER touch her again, I swear I will personally escort you to Tartarus" I growled, and kicked him away before running to Poppy.

"Are you okay sweetie?" I asked gently, and she hugged me.

"Thank you for saving me" she said, and I hugged her back.

"No, thank you. That was very brave of you Poppy." I said genuinely, making her smile "Please promise me Poppy if he's ever mean to you again, you'll let me know."

I took her hand and led her to Demeter, who smiled gratefully at me and gave me a box of cereal. Everyone laughed, and I placed it next to where I was sitting.

I was going to sit down when someone stabbed my in the back. It was celestial bronze, so it couldn't really harm me, but it hurt. Skia felt it too (we shared each other's injuries), because she reared and lashed at the air. Our wounds simultaneously closed and I whirled around to see Brutus standing there, gripping a knife.

I was about to beat the crap out of him, but a flaming horn drove itself through his chest. His eyes widened as he looked at his chest, which had begun to crumble in reaction to the Shadow fire. He shuddered and spluttered for a while before going limp. Skia slid her horn out of his chest and whinnied triumphantly.

Brutus's whole body dissolved into a fine grey dust, which gently blew away in the wind.

There was a moment of stunned silence before a cheer rang through the campfire. I stared at them in confusion.