Chapter 23: Continuing the tale

3rd Person P.O.V

~500 years in the past~

"We're gonna die!" Travis and Connor Stoll simultaneously wailed, gripping onto each other for dear life and false sobbing. It was a performance worthy of Zeus.

Percy rolled his eyes, "Don't be so melodramatic, you're not going to die. That's my job"

Artemis punched him on the shoulder, accompanied by a silver glare.

"Yes, but what happens?" Athena snapped impatiently, drumming her fingers on the table repetitively.

"Well," Percy elaborated, "My team and I were forced to travel back to Earth through a teleport which was unhelpfully position several miles above Camp Half-Blood"

"Above?" Chiron echoed.

Percy nodded his head with an exasperated sigh, "So basically everyone was freaking out because these people with wings were hurtling towards them in a massive ball of fire"

"I like fire balls" Leo whispered, playing with a miniature fire ball in his hands. Everyone around him backed away from the manic son of Hephaestus.

"Wait, you all have wings?" Katie question, confused.

"Yep, as soon as they took their Chaos vow, they were granted wings." Percy suddenly burst out laughing, "It's so funny, because Beckendorf looks like Mr T and the tooth fairy had a child addicted to steroids"

The more immature members of the group laughed hysterically. Athena was virtually seizing with impatience.

"When we landed, there was a massive crater in the ground -sorry Chiron- and we all walked out" Percy shrugged.

"You have a magical way with words", Hermes laughed.

"Except," Artemis added, "We all thought it was an attack, because you were wearing your armour! And that cape of yours"

Leo and Hephaestus immediately perked up (even more, in Leo's case) at the mention of armour. Percy, seeing this, smiled.

"Wanna see?" he offered. They both rigorously nodded their head, sending little embers flying across the room.

Percy tugged on the necklace around his neck, causing his beloved armour to burst out across his body and wings. Leo shot up and began tracing the metals delicately with his fingers.

"Oh wow, what kind of metal is this? It's so light, yet so strong. I can see the alloys mixing together!" Leo grinned.

"Chaos silver. Rarest metal in the universe. Here, you and your dad can have some" Percy snapped his fingers, causing a pile of bright silver bars to appear next to Hephaestus. The god of the forge and fire grinned at Percy, not needing words to express his happiness.

Leo had fainted once again.

"OKAY!" Athena finally exploded, "We get that you have beautiful armour, but can you please tell us what happens next?!"

"Calm your tits down, woman!" Percy exclaimed, holding his hands up in the universal 'peace' sign. Apollo and Hermes sniggered.

Athena turned purple, red and white in her fury. Percy finally cracked her by saying, "You would make a wonderful rainbow, Athena"

She screamed in frustration, before slamming her head on the table and staying there.

"I think you broke her" Travis whispered.

"So anyway," Artemis continued, completely freaked out by her sister, "Percy and his little gang of angels introduced themselves as help, not enemies."