Chapter One - The Unexpected Guest

Start from the beginning

"Girls!" I yelled.

Might as well let them run free.

I sat by a picnic table nearby the lake and waited for the girls to finish. The splashed around the water, played around, and probably made out under the water too.

"That was refreshing. How come you didn't want to go?" Asked Rose.

"I don't have spare clothes to change into and swimming wasn't really part of the plan." I answered.

"Oh, okay." She said.

We went back to walking and I was surprised that the girls were enjoying nature. There were mocking-jays that ruled the woods and they found themselves messing with them with the Hunger Games whistle.

"When we get out of this camp, we need to watch Mocking jay part one." I heard one of the girls say.

"Yeah that would be legit."

The conversation before me was muffled as I listen close to a shuffling up ahead me. There was a series of scratching and growling. I knew it was an animal, but its growl was enough to scare me plus it getting louder.

My heart was thumping. I felt like I was in a horror movie where I was hiding and my kidnapper was about to find me and kill me. Except my kidnapper wouldn't have to be a giant wolf snarling its teeth at me.

I fell backwards as the wolf revealed itself from the huge tree it was hiding.

"H--help?" I said almost in a whisper. "Help!" I yelled frantically but saw that no one was nearby and could hear me. Where had the girls went?

I could hear mocking jays singing behind me. Freaking birds.

The dog snarled as saliva drooled out its mouth. I closed my eyes waiting for it to attack me. I was going to die in the woods and no one will find my dead body.

At least I wouldn't die in vain.

Or not die. I opened my eyes to see that the wolf was gone. Swift and quietly it must've ran away from me.

F me. Whew! I haven't felt anything like that since I was six years old.

I got up and shook the scary encounter behind me. I was going to whip these girls asses to walking.

I caught to them laughing and giggling at jokes perhaps, but they wouldn't be laughing soon.

"We're going back to camp." I said not meeting any of their eyes and walked past them. Follow me or not because I'm the only person that knows the way back.

Their laughter ceased and they followed me from behind.

I took us to the longer route and circled around the big lake almost twice. They were slowing down behind me, but I was determined to teach them a lesson.

"I thought we'd be at the camp by now." Asked whoever while leaning her body for support at a tree.

I turned around quickly and looked at the girls, exhausted. "We'll be there soon. Let's circle the lake one more time and maybe, just maybe, I'd be nice enough to take us to camp."

"Why are you doing this to us? What did we do to you?"

"Let's see," I said while rubbing my chin, "you left your guide and not only did you leave me. You think you can do whatever the hell you want in these woods?! Don't you know there's animals here that will eat you for dinner? If one of you gets harmed or killed or vanishes, I will be responsible. So, if anyone of you disappears from my sight again or disobeys my order, we are gonna start running laps."