Chapter One - The Unexpected Guest

Start from the beginning

"I don't even know why my parents signed me up for this bullshit." The other one commented.

Everyone sat around their bunk beds, including me. I felt drained for no reason. It was as if all my energy was sucked from the air.

"Excuse me?" Asked one of the girls.

I looked at her.

"Is there a plug here?" She said in a posh tone. I saw that she was holding her iPhone in her hand as well as the other girls looking for signal.

"That's not gonna work here. And plus there's only one plug."

"Oh okay, where is it?" I guess the beyotch was dumb.

"The plug's not free." I said.

"How much do you want?" She said offering to pay.

"Your phone will not work here. If you really need to call someone there's a phone in the office. That one's free." I said. People these days just can't live one day without their phones.

The girl gave me a rather rude look.

"I have a thousand followers on twitter, if you know what that is. I need to upload my post everyday." She said.

"I know twitter and I also know that you can live without it. Just try and enjoy nature while camping. And how many of those followers even know your middle name?"

Sighing, "Maybe your right, but if this camp ain't gonna do me good, then I'm out of here."

"You won't regret it and change into some pants, will ya? There's plenty of insects here that loves legs."

She nodded then smiled. I guess some of these girls won't be too hard after all.

The camp was ever changing. One of the thing I loved most was being out. It hasn't been noon yet and the weather was perfect for a little hike. This camp was my second home, I'd been here for ten years. The pine trees are so beautiful with the sun's rays shining through it at high noon, the smell of woods, cinnamon, and pine in the morning was almost like a cup of coffee when you'd wake up.

But some people don't find see it the way I do.

I heard a shriek behind me and quickly ran to the situation.

"What's the problem?" I asked the three girls that stood in frantic fear.

Stammering, "The--there w--was spiders on my backpack."

I rolled my eyes. I saw the her backpack on the ground unopened.

"You probably caught yourself at a web or something. At least your backpack's close, you can just pat the spiders away."

"I'm not touching that thing."

I exhaled, "What's your name?"

"Rose." The girl replied.

"Rose, I know most girls are afraid of insects, and I am scared at some too, but those are just a bunch of daddy long legs and they've already left your backpack. How about I pick it up for you, check for anymore spiders and if there's not you take it, okay?"

She nodded.

I picked the backpack and patted it around making sure there was no dirt, spiders, or leaves attached to it.

"All safe?" I said while waiting for her to get her bag.

"Thanks." She said.

We continued our hike calmly and peacefully without further interruptions. We where now on a break by the lake and the girls decided to take a little swim. One by one, each one of them jumped from the bridge and cannonballed into the water.