I stood with one hand on my hip and quickly straightened up when he looked at me. His crooked grin turning into a full blown smile showing off his perfectly straight white teeth, I think I stopped breathing for a second.

Cindy followed his gaze and gave me a glare that sent shivers up my spine.

“Nope” he nodded to me “This nice young lady is doing a great job, thanks though.”

I couldn’t help the light blush that covered my cheeks I had to look at the ground embarrassed at my body’s reaction to his attention. I looked back up in time to see Cindy role her eyes at me as she turned too walked away. She exaggerated the sway of her hips; you know that saying “like two cats in a paper bag” that’s what her walk reminded me of every time. She didn’t like me much, I don’t know why. I thought I was pretty easy to get along with.

I turned my attention back to the guy giving me an awkward look, I gave him a shy smile as I got back to the task at hand. “Alright let’s get you measured.”

He stood right in front of me “Sounds like a plan.”

I walked closer to him taking a deep breath, he smiled down at me and motioned his head over his shoulder to the back were Cindy had run to.

“She didn’t seem to happy now did she?” he joked, I shrugged my shoulders.

“I guess she isn’t having a good day.” I turned the tape measure the right way getting ready to put it around his neck.

“Alright I’ll try and measure you quick, I’m sure you have better things to do then spend the day in a bridal shop. Now look straight ahead for me.”

His green eyes looked down at me “I don’t mind.” He gave me a cocky smile as if he knew what he was doing to me, and then did as I asked looking straight ahead.

Great now he had to go and make me all nervous, I struggled to put the tape measure around his neck considering I was only 5’4 I could tell he wanted to laugh but he was holding it in. I finally got it around his neck and adjusted it.

“How does that feel?” he nodded

“Feels good” I smiled wondering if there was hidden meaning behind that, then my inner voice told me to stop being stupid.

I wrote down his measurement on the paper “How tall are you?” I asked him without looking up.

“6’2”I looked at him and laughed. “That explains why my short self is having issues.”

I stood back in front of him “Alright now relax your arms by your side.” He playfully shook his arms making sure he was nice and loose. I couldn't help but laugh at his playfulness.

Once again I struggle to wrap the tape around him. I had to press against him so my arms could reach around, and I could get  the tape in my other hand. I hoped he couldn’t feel the frantic beat of my heart as my body made contact with his. I looked back up at him.

“Ok look straight ahead again.” He didn’t move…did he not hear me?

I smiled “I said straight ahead not down at me.” There was a playful look of disappointment on his face as he spoke.

“But I like this view so much better.” If he didn’t see me blush all the times before he sure did now and he chuckled. I tried to act like it didn’t bother me.

“Ok how does that feel?” He simply nodded, and I was left wondering if I had just made the whole thing up in my head.

My hands started to get clammy and the more he looked at me the more nervous I got. I heard him chuckle as I was lost in my own world, I looked down and realized I still had my arms around his waist were I was trying to measure him. I quickly took the measurement I needed and backed away.

The Angel's Tear (Complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara