Chapter4- The Clearing

Nick Jonas started singing “Look me in the eyes and tell me that you love me”, and that means another day of school. I sat up and reached for my cell on the wooden dresser beside my bed.

I check my messages. Nothing here that’s too important. I checked my facebook to see what’s going on in the world-wide-web. It seems as if Liam broke up with Victoria a week ago, yeah that’s how slow I am on the gossip.

Victoria, the head cheerleader, is a pretty blonde chick who is way too possessive of her boyfriend. You just try to talk to Liam and the next day there will be some crazy rumor about you flooding the school’s hallways.

Not that I would dare talk with Liam. It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just why go through the trouble and in the end have people talk about you behind your back.

Such a sweet girl, cue the sarcasm! I can’t believe Liam actually broke up with her though. I meant they have been together since freshman year and now its over.

As I read through all of the weeks on goings, my chat pops up. Speak of the devil!

- ‘Good morning :) Are you excited to see me again today?’ Of course, only Liam would write something so cocky.

- ‘Morning. And no, to be honest, I don’t get up thinking about you and how “excited” I am to see you. I usually don’t think about “things” that irritate me!’ I smiled at myself for not being the nice person I usually am.

- ‘Wow, someone sure is feisty this morning! I like it :) lol’ Wow, even when I insult him he’s happy. What is wrong with this boy?

- ‘Ugh, you sicken me. I got to go. Don’t write back.’ And I was off and out the door.

James text me and explained how he woke up late for a change and that I should just go ahead to school.

I walked to school and was in the worst mood when I got there. On the way to school I tripped and fell, managing to scrape my hands and forearms.

As I walked to first period I heard the click of high heels and I knew I was in trouble.

“What do you think your doing?” Victoria obviously didn’t know what walking was so I decided to give her a lesson.

“I’m walking to class. If you don’t know what that is then I’ll demonstrate it for you.” And with that I turned back around and headed for class.

Victoria stood there in shock at what just happened and then slowly walked back from the way she came from. "I will get her later." I heard her mumble.

I sat down in my usual seat hoping and praying that Liam would just leave me alone. “Hey, why didn’t you write me back?” Apparently he didn’t get what I’ve been trying to tell him.

“Liam, I didn’t write you back because I didn’t want to talk to you.” He sat down in the seat that he claimed yesterday and frowned at me.

I was confused. Maybe what I said actually bothered him. “What? Why are you making that face at me?” I asked confused and a little irritated.