Marcana Pack

Sky's POV-

Groaning in annoyance that I felt due to exhaustion of the past week and the fact that it's only the middle of the freaking week, I have the sudden urge to smash the alarm clock into smithereens and no sooner had I thought it did I lift my arm and slam my fist down onto it.

Every morning at seven fifteen the damn thing goes off. Do you know what it's like to be in the middle of a dream or very peaceful sleep and out of nowhere you hear beep beep beep?

It is not very nice; I mean what the frack? 

Not more than a few seconds later I hear my dad yelling at me from downstairs and I couldn't help the smirk that made its way onto my face. This is the third time this month I had to replace my alarm clock.

At first, I was really confused about my mood swings. I'd be grumpy, barking and growling...literally at anyone who came within five feet of me. Dad said I have nothing to worry about because all werewolves my age go through this 'defining transition' before reaching their majority. It's something werewolves go through that determines their role in the pack so that they know where they stand.

According to Alpha, I may not be the future alpha or beta since those positions are usually inherited but I'm shaping up to be a very strong dominant and one who'll actually pose as a threat to some alphas. Not to be egotistical but coming from the alpha, that's saying a lot.

In my opinion, I think the whole transition thing is stupid because regardless, a dominant wolf will be dominant, and a submissive wolf will be submissive. The average dominant wolf, like myself, were usually larger in body build and taller in height. We were also significantly stronger than a submissive. We had darker hair colour as well that testified to our strength and dominance and the colour of our pelts ranged from black to brown to red to dark gray. 

Submissive wolves on the other hand were smaller in build, sometimes so small they appeared feminine, delicate and fragile. They were shorter too, usually stuck within the five foot-five foot eight range. Their hair colour was lighter, ranging from white blonde to dark blonde, to light brown. A sub with black hair was unheard of in the werewolf world, though there was a myth about an ancient werewolf who overthrew his father for his throne, and he while he was a sub, he had black hair.

Which is the main reason I find the 'transition' an idiotic term. In Marcana, just because a submissive werewolf was politically deemed a sub, it didn't mean they were worthless or fragile. I knew several subs within Marcana who were plenty strong and could fight like the usual dominant.

Running a hand through my hair and down my face, I stood up and stretched the sleep from my joints and back and proceeded to the bathroom. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I looked into the mirror to find a six foot seven seventeen year old werewolf with ruffled black hair and dark blue eyes staring back at me. Splashing water onto my face to wake myself up a bit, I then brushed my teeth and took a quick shower.

Now before you jump to any conclusions or go crazy trying to figure out us werewolves let me put your mind to rest. We werewolves can pass as regular humans. There is nothing unnaturally alluring about us or anything out of the ordinary except for two facts but you'll never know it. 

The first is that instead of being born human fleshlings, we're born as pups and two; we can shift into any of our three forms at any given time. We're not bent to the will of the full moon. Our three forms are human, werewolf which enables us to stand on two legs and wolf form where we look like a normal wolf only...bigger.

Once I was clean and dried I pulled on some clothes. A white t-shirt with a simple design on the front, dark blue jeans with a brown belt, a black suit jacket and my black and white converse; it's simple yet classy. While most guys my age dress with what is the word...swag, I dress more on the classy side because it looks good on me and the added attention I get is a bonus.