It's not until he gets back to work that he realizes Zayn knew this was going to happen. He must have spoken to Louis or something, because he definitely knew. Liam isn't sure if he wants to throw things at him or kiss him for keeping it from him.

By the time the party starts, Liam is more than ready for bed. Today has just been too much, first with Zayn's dad, and then the Louis and Harry thing, which would probably become just as infamous as the 'Louis and Harry Incident'. He really just wants to go upstairs to bed, but he knows that he can't, because Harry specifically asked him not to head back to the room until after midnight because he plans on ditching the party in an hour to spend time with Louis.

Liam yawns deeply and stretches just as a pair of arms go around his waist. "You look exhausted, Wonderboy."

Liam sighs against him without thinking. "I am," he admits. "Too much in one day. Which I'm sure you know all about."

"I might have had a heads up," Zayn admits. He's stepping forward, guiding Liam towards the bonfire. "You know I had a big, elaborate dinner planned for us tonight. For our first date."

Liam stops walking and Zayn presses insistently against his back. "You had a date planned?"

"Yeah," Zayn says, refusing to remove his arms from Liam's middle, making it impossible for Liam to turn around to face him. "Candlelit dinner on the beach. It was going to be cheesy as fuck."

"I'm sorry," Liam says quietly.

"For what?" Zayn asks against his neck. He starts walking forward again, and Liam gives in.

"For cancelling."

"Don't be," Zayn tells him. "We're still having our candlelit beach date. Our candle just happens to be a hell of a lot bigger. Now sit, I'll get us stuff to make s'mores."

Liam sits down on a long piece of wood near Jess. She smiles at him and scoots down a bit, leaning forward to look in the direction Zayn just went. "Good job with that one," she says when she straightens back up. "He's right in love with you, isn't he?"

Liam raises his eyebrows, surprised. "I-- what?"

Jess laughs and puts a hand on his thigh. "You're both adorable. About time to see you getting some, too. Didn't think you had it in you." She uses her hand on his thigh to stand up. "Now, I'm going to see if Jake'll save me from this couple fest. Later, Liam."

Zayn's back the second she's gone, and he sits beside Liam, eyes narrowed at her back. "Who's that?"

Liam frowns at him. "Do you really not know the name of your parent's employees?"

"Not all of them," Zayn answers, shoving a marshmallow onto the end of a stick. "You two looked pretty friendly."

It takes Liam a minute to really get it, to understand the annoyed set to Zayn's mouth, and the cool, indifferent tone in his voice. When he does get it, he says, "You realize I'm, like, one hundred percent into guys, right?"

Zayn shrugs and sticks his marshmallow into the fire. "So is she."

"You're really jealous," Liam says, sounding far too pleased by this. He can't help it, though.

Zayn's marshmallow is on fire, but he doesn't look alarmed. "I am," he agrees, pulling his stick back. He moves it close to Liam and orders for him to, "Blow."

When the flame goes out, Zayn picks up one of the graham crackers he has balanced on his thigh, adds a piece of chocolate from a chocolate bar Liam didn't know he had, and then uses another graham cracker to trap the marshmallow, which he slides off the stick. He hands it to Liam, who waits a moment before biting it.