“C’mon, you owe me” Jack smirked

What should I say? Sure I owed him but dinner? What would Matt say? It’s not like we are together but he did care about me. Just one dinner and that’s it. Nothing will happen, right?

 “Oh come on, it’s just a dinner” he asked

 “How about Friday at 8? I will pick you up” he said, without getting chance to reply him back, he left and I was left utterly still. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

After what seemed like hours, I heard Ryan was downstairs. I quickly went to Matt’s room and knocked.

“Come in” came Matt’s voice

“Hey”

“Hey Ana! How are you? You should have stayed at home. Are you alright?”

I laughed at his curiosity.

“I am fine Matt, seriously.”

“Come here” he said reached his hand out and I took it.

It took me completely by surprise when he hugged me.

“Are you just going to stay still or you going to hug me back?” he said and laughed

“I heard him downstairs” I said which made Matt stop laughing and pull himself back from me.

“Ana you don’t need to worry about that, I will handle it.”

“I want to see him, I want to see the man who is ruining your life” I said.

He smiled at me and leaned his forehead on mine.

“I don’t want you in this Ana, I don’t want you to get involve.”

“Matt I-“but he cut me off.

“Shh, did you have lunch?” he said

I nodded

“Did you?”

And I know the conversation is over just like he did the other day when he wanted to tell me but stopped half way through.

“Yeah”

I heard someone knocking on the door and I instantly pulled away from him.

“Come in” Matt said

“Sir, Mr Ryan is here to see you, he is asking for you downstairs” said the lady who works in the building.

Matt’s face went bright red from anger and don’t think mine was any different.

“Send him to my office please” he said and the lady nodded.

Matt was looking at me and I frowned, and then remembered that I have to leave.

“Matt-“he cut me off again

“Ana please” he said

I decided not to argue so I nodded and walked towards the door

As I was walking, the door swing opened and I was left utterly still.

There was the man whom I hate the most right now even though I never saw him before and now I have seen him, I hate him more.

 He had suit on and was smiling at me like he knew me and it was the smile that I would never want to see again; it was evil.

“And you must be Matt’s assistant, right?” he said still smiling. His voice was so deep that made me nervous.

I nodded.

“Don’t you want to introduce me to your assistant Matt?” he asked Matt looking over my shoulder.

Even though I couldn’t see Matt, I knew he was angry.

“I am Ana, sir” I said instead

He raised his hand for me to shake. I stood still unable to do anything.

His smiled got bigger in return.

I finally took my hand out to shake his, his hand was cold.

“I am Ryan, I am sure Matt has mentioned me” he said, the smiling never leaving his face. I looked away in disgust and took my hand from his.

“Ana, I think you have some work to do” Matt said, I could clearly hear anger in his voice

Before I could say anything Ryan spoke.

“She can stay here if she wants to” he said challenging Matt.

Nervousness ran through me, I looked over at Ryan but he was smiling; the same evil smile. I looked over at Matt and his face was glued to Ryan’s, like he wanted to punch him right now.

Matt looked at me, the look he was giving me told me to get out right now.

“Actually, I do have work to do, so I am just g-oin-g go” I stuttered and managed to walk towards the door.

“See you later Ana” Ryan said smiling

I gave him my fake smile and walked towards my office.

I was still pacing back and forth in my office even after half an hour since I left Matt’s office. Curiosity was running through me about what are they really talking about? I don’t think I can stand here any longer while Matt is alone with that evil man.

I took a deep breath and walked towards Matt’s office again. I know it’s not right to listen to someone’s conversation purposely but I can’t help it when there are so many questions running through my mind.

The door to the office was slightly open enough for me to hear them.

“She is beautiful” Ryan said smiling. I could see Matt tense.

“So is my daughter you know” he said again.

“Does she know what you did? Ana I mean, Does she know that you-“but Matt cut him off.

“Stop it; she doesn’t have to get involved in this Ryan”

I froze when I heard that he was talking about me. Oh gosh, what was he saying that Matt did?

Now I regret listening, the more I hear, the more curious I get.

“But you already got her involve Matt. It’s your fault, don’t you think?” Ryan said grinning

“ But you have got a choice Matt, do as I say if you don’t want her to get involved further” Ryan said

I could see Matt, he was going to explode any minute; his fits are clenched like he is going to punch the shit out of Ryan. Oh God, he needs to calm down or he will something stupid.

Ryan walked towards Matt; he was all serious now, his stupid smiled was gone.

“I gave you the easy way Matt but you chose to take the hard one, so let’s have it your way. If you don’t leave Ana and marry Andrea I will tell your very beautiful mother about what you did to have this success and life of yours and your loved ones will be taken away from you. Do you understand?” he said

I froze; I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Tears were falling down and I couldn’t control it. I knew he was doing something awful, but this? He wants me to go away from Matt’s life so he could marry Andrea? And if Matt doesn’t Ryan will take away everything Matt ever loved. How can anyone be this despicable?

I looked over at Matt, who gave away no emotion.

What will Matt do now if he has to choose between me or his career and family?

I don’t think I will be able to live without him.

Tears were streaming down my face which made my vision blurry; I ran towards my office and locked the door.

It wasn’t just Matt who had to choose, it was me as well.

I have to think about Matt and I know he won’t know what to do.

I have to choose for him. I have to walk away.