Playing in the Gardens

I've had eeeeeextreme writers block. But I finally got this chapter out. Oh, good news! Now that my after school activities are done, MORE WRITING TIME!!!:D yay!

Enjoy

Adara stood impatiently by the door while her kits attacked her large tail happily. "Loki could you be any slower?" The cat growled to the God who was still getting dressed.

"The day is not going anywhere." He countered fixing his belt and coat. He seemed annoyed this morning and Adara's mission was to get to the bottom of it.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked bluntly.

Loki flashed her a smile, "Not at all. Shall we go." He began to step past her but she easily blocked his way with her giant form.

"Not until you tell me what's bothering you" She growled making Loki raise a brow.

"Has your time on Mid Guard made you more stubborn?"

"No, I get it from you." She retorted.

A knock on the door suddenly sounded, "Prince Loki and Lady Adara. I have all he required items that you wanted and are ready when ever you are."

Loki's eyes narrowed and his body stiffened without him really knowing it. Adara, saw this and pieced two and two together. "You're jealous of Eske?"

Loki's face was mortified but he quickly covered it up, "puposterous. Let's go." He quickly shoved past her and out into the hallway.

~~~

Adara's perspective

Together we all walked deep into the gardens near a stream where a weeping willow tree sat, softly it's long vines blew gently with the breeze.

I sat while Eske began to set up the blankets and such but as soon as Loki sat the twins down; Egil the male and Astra his younger twin sister, they both started to run making the God of Mischief give chase.

I sat on my hunches while Asmund did the same beside me but Einar, the kit with white and black spots, nestled between my forepaws and stomach.

I smiled and looked to Eske with a raise cat brow. "Don't look now but you have an adorable creature on your cloak." I laughed.

Eske quickly turned to see Ase on his cloak, trying to climb up to his shoulder.

I got up and padded over to him. "Ase, no. You do not climb on people." I sighed grabbing her scruff with my teeth and brining her down to the blankets.

"Thank you Lady Adara." Eske's form seemed to relax, but he quickly looked down to see the white kit again.

"Have you seen where Loki ran off to?" I asked laying down, Einar running to my stomach to feed while Asmund attacked his sister.

"No, but he is close by. Do you wish for me to get him?"

"No, the twins are looking after him."

~~~~~

Loki jogged to a stop looking around for the kittens. "Egil, Astra. Come here." No sign of the kittens, not even a soft mew.

The God of Mischief knew they were close by and an evil plan formulated in his head.

Casually, he walked towards a bush and felt his magic surge through his vains. Loki smirked, now for the victims.

~~~~

Adara's perspective.

Einar and Ase were feeding while I bathed Asmund. I was growing worried for the kits but then remembered who they were with.

"Lady Adara."

I huffed, "Eske, you make me seem old." I flicked my tail in playful annoyance. "What is it?"

The guard seemed to hesitate, collecting his thoughts. "Is prince Loki, truly good? Will he stay loyal under King Odin?"

Asmund escaped to feed with his siblings, now it was my turn to think. "No person is ever truly good. We all make mistakes. Even me." Eskes eyes widened with disbelief. "But for Loki, it is not about loyalty or power anymore. He simply fights for what he loves."

Eske gazed around the garden, "That almost seems impossible." He mumbled.

"That is because you simply look at what you want to see. Not what is really there." I growled, "But I've been with him since I was a kit, and he has changed."

I laid down, fully intending to take a cat nap in the warm sunlight.

~~~~~~

Currently, Loki was disguised as a tree awaiting for his two victims to scare.

Now, Loki was patient and cunning. However he was steadily growing annoyed with the lack of kittens present. Deep down he was getting worried. We're they ok? Did something happen to them? These questions plagued his mind breaking his concentration.

Just as he was about to give up, the twins finally showed. They sniffed the air and ground searching for him, but Loki dared not move. He held his breath as they grew nearer.

Just when they were 3 feet away, Loki made his magic surge and his body quickly changed from that of a tree, to a giant bird.

He flapped his wings wildly when the kittens jumped, darting underneath a bench.

Loki dismissed his magic and walked over to the kits who were hiding. "It is alright, the monster is gone." Loki smirked, kneeling down to grab the kits and reassure them with affection. Surely they will seek out his protection more now, which was his plan.

"Do not tell anyone I said this, but I cannot wait until you are older. Right now you are fragile and do not know discipline. When you are older, you can have more freedom. Something that we all want."

Egil and Astra had other plans though. They both wanted to be on the ground, so Loki sat them down, not really wanting to be scratched. "Let's go." He said and started to walk with the kits at his heels.

~~~~

Adara's perspective

Slowly I was brought out of sleep when the soft crunch of the forest disturbed me. Quickly I sat up, alerting Eske.

An enemy?

My body tightened, ready to attack but then Loki and the twins disappearance made me panic.

"You retched creatures, stop this at once!" I tilted my head in confusion. That was Loki, but why in earth would he be speaking like that, and to who?

My questions was answered when he appeared followed by the twins. However, whatever Loki did, they copied, including his words. (They meowed randomly.)

I laughed as he walked up and all but collapsed in an unfashionable state, as did Egil and Astra.

"These creatures are nerve wracking." He commented and the twins meowed as if speaking just like him.

"Oh shut it you two." Loki flaied his hands in the air in an, 'I give up' way.

Astra tried to copy it, but she rolled over to her side in the process.

"Seems like you had fun." I mused and nuzzled his cheek.

Casually, he reached up and began to pet me, rubbing my head and scathing behind my ears. It's seems like forever since someone's showed me such affection. My throat rumbled with a purr.

Eske suddenly got up and decided to do a perimeter check leaving Loki and I in peace.

With all the kits feeding now and Loki in a good mood, I've decided that this day, couldn't be better.

Next chapter preview, the kittens speak~~~~ I promise not to take so long on this one. Sorry about the delays.