"Pepper, get off," Scott sternly says, "and Camille's not my girlfriend."

He hopes that doesn't offend her.

Also, he hopes that she's mentally prepared for Pepper and Max to flirt with her.

"Camille," Pepper, right on cue, practically purrs the name as she hops off Scott's back and stands in front of Camille with a come-hither kind of grin, "That's a really nice name."

Then comes in Max Rodriguez with his flirtatious comment, and it takes everything in Scott's body to not roll his eyes, "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

Scott can practically feel Camille's uneasiness radiate off of her in waves. She takes a small step back, which goes unnoticed by everyone except for him. The action suddenly makes him feel terrible, especially since he is the one who agreed to bring her to meet his friends. However, it's not Scott's fault that Pepper is too bold, and Max is just too egotistical. In fact, a lot of people get uncomfortable with their brashness, not just Camille.

Scott remembers Camille saying that she has a friend who is bold and fierce, but he wonders what her definition means compared to his.

"The world is not a garden," says Harvey Michaels, breaking the short silence, and everyone wonders what nonsense he's going to spit out, "so stop acting like hoes."

That surprises a laugh out of Camille, and Scott watches as Harvey throws her a light smile.

Maybe this won't be too bad, Scott thinks.

A few more moment pass before Diana Lee, the cute Asian girl, steps up and properly introduces herself and the others to Camille. Slowly, the stiffness in her shoulders melts away, leaving the cute and cool and confident girl that Scott likes very much. Camille smiles easily, introducing herself as well and definitely not holding back on the sarcastic side that she possesses.

At this point, they're all sprawled across the main entrance, sitting or standing in different places. Pepper and Diana are side by side, leaning against a wall. Max is on a waiting chair, and Harvey is against a wall with a television on it. Camille is sitting on the receptionist desk while Scott himself is sitting on the receptionist chair with his legs crossed on the desk.

"Don't you have people to attend to?" Scott asks with a yawn.

"Nah, dude," Harvey says, "We finished most of our morning appointments."

"How old are you guys?" Camille asks, looking somewhat embarrassed.

"We're all in our twenties," Diana softly answers, not quite ready to let our her expressive side again.

"Oh, wow," Camille answers, sharing a glance with Scott, "Scott and I are pretty young compared to you guys."

"Age is only a number, beautiful," says Max, a devilish smirk on his lips.

"Oh, knock it off, you fool," Harvey rolls his eyes, "You don't need to scare the poor girl away again."

"Harvey's actually taking something serious for once?" Pepper replies, wanting to join the brewing conversation and/or argument.

Scott just sits back and enjoys listening to his friends talk, closing his eyes in the process. It's times like these where he feels content with everything around him. This is his second family -- as crazy and obnoxious as they are.

Lost in his thought, he almost jolts when he feels a poke on his cheek, "Scott?"

He quickly opens his eyes, ready to smack the person who disturbed him, but it's only Camille with a sheepish smile on her face, "Mr. Punk."

"Hazel Eyes."

"I have to go," she says, hopping off the desk and shifting as if she's not sure if Scott's going to walk back with her, "Yeah, uh, my mom just texted me."

"I'll walk you back," he replies, checking his phone, "It's the end of my break anyway."

"Thanks, Scott," she genuinely says before turning to his friends, "It was nice meeting you guys."

"You, too, girly," Pepper replies and everyone nods, adding in their own little comments, "Yo, Scott. You better bring this one back, alright?"

Scott looks at Camille with a smile, and for once, it doesn't feel unnatural, "Yeah, I might just do that."

When Scott leaves the parlor, he doesn't let the door slam.

______________________________

Sorry there wasn't much of Scott's friends, but it's like a little sneak peak of their personalities.

BUT DON'T YOU LOVE THEM STILL? I DO.

OH, P.S. IF YOU LOVE WRITING, JOIN THE #ExoticFinnChallenge

The challenge itself is on exoticfinn, and it'll be loads of fun if you join!

BeSuReTo:

vote•comment•follow

--islandarc