Chapter 1:Beautiful Beings

Jeanette's POV

We were all exhausted. We had to travel from Miami. No, scratch that. We had to FLEE from Miami. All because of her. Curse Lady Diane.

We got lost trying to find our classroom and went around the school twice in search for it. Because of that, we were late.

Finally we found our classroom. Brittany, Eleanor and I simultaneously knocked on the brown wooden door. We waited nervously for what was about to happen. Would we get in trouble? Would we be laughed at because of our unique appearance? We just had to wait and see.

The door opened and a middle aged, exasperated looking woman appeared.

"How may I--Oh. You must be the new girls! How lovely. Wait here, and let me introduce you to the class. When I open the door, you may come in. " She droned unenthusiastically in a high and nasal voice. With that, she closed the door in our faces.

After a minute or so, she opened the door again.

"Come on in." She held the door open a little wider for us to enter. We trailed in nervously.

I tried extra hard to concentrate on the floor that I walked on, so as not to trip and make a fool of myself.

Also, I was too nervous to look at the faces of my scary, gigantic, soon-to-be classmates.

I heard my sisters' footsteps stop, so I did too. I still kept my head down. I felt my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest. The pressure of the silence was intense.

Whilst I was wondering when our teacher would save me the humiliation by letting us sit down at our desks, I heard my sisters gasp ever so slightly.

Wondering what their reaction was about, I discreetly glanced up. Good thing I did, too.

Before me, I saw the most beautiful being known to man. Or, well, me.

He had dark hair, messy across his head. Round blue framed glasses, about the same shape and size as mine. A blue sweater. Blue jeans, darker than mine. White trainers with black stripes. Tan-ish skin colour. And probably one of his best features, beautiful blue eyes that sparkled more than the oceans in Thailand on a beautiful day. But the ultimate best thing of all... He was a fellow chipmunk!

Simon's POV

My mouth hung slightly open at the wonder in front of me. She was the most beautiful being I have ever come across. She was so different to everyone else that I've seen.

She had dark brown hair, effortlessly crammed into a messy bun, held with a purple band. Round, purple framed glasses; the same shape and size as mine. A purple hoodie on top of her purple plaid shirt. Blue skinny jeans. Comfy purple slip-on shoes. Tan-ish skin colour. A slight blush, purple eye shadow, long eyelashes and the most amazing shade of dark blue eyes I have ever seen.

The word pretty doesn't even begin to describe her. She seemed so familiar, yet so distant. I immediately made a mental note to put on my bucket list to know her name. Why just her name? Because I know that someone as beautiful as her would not want anything to do with a nerdy, weak and cowardly person like me...

Jeanette's POV

He's so handsome. I wanted to look away so badly, because I know how uncomfortable it is to be stared at, but I couldn't stop. And I know more than anyone about the saying 'don't judge a book by its cover' but at that moment I really didn't care. I kept on staring and staring and staring. Our eyes locked for a split second, but me being the awkward geek I am broke eye contact first; I find it so hard to do, and people's gazes make me go all hot and sweaty, let alone a chipmunk who was the most good looking creature I've ever seen.

"Alright, Alvin, Simon and Theodore can you please give Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor a tour of the school?" Mrs Smith broke me out of my trance.

"Oh, and here are their locker combinations," she handed them each a small sheet of paper with numbers and a name.

We all walked out of the classroom door, silently huddled in our groups. I inwardly begged any and all universal powers for me to be partnered with the blue clad 'munk.

All of my years of being a goody-two-shoes must've paid off, because he suddenly came over to me and asked if I was Jeanette. I almost fell on the spot. His voice is so deep and matured, compared to the other two boys. Realising that I hadn't answered his question, I just nodded. Why? Because if I talked, I knew I'd have an awkward voice crack.

I'm sure we could both do without that.

"Well, hi! My name is Simon Seville, and welcome to our school! Is there anywhere in particular that you would like to see before we properly begin?" he asked, smiling.

I was so busy panicking about the prospect of us being alone together that I almost didn't notice that he asked me a question.

"Huh? O-oh... The l-library please?" I stammered.

Curse my shyness. Sometimes I wish I was as confident as Brittany, who was twirling her hair around her finger and flirting with the chipmunk in red. Or even Eleanor, who was happily sharing cookie recipes with the chipmunk in green. If this was the type of conversation that we were going to have, it was going to be a very long and embarrassing tour...