Chapter Eleven

Começar do início

Lily’s eyes met mine before they lingered on the arm Ryder had around me. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

We were walking together now and as we lapse into silence, I started to admire how hot my mate was. The shorts he put on hung dangerously low on his waist and my hormonal side was clearly gushing about the fact that this boy was mine. I didn’t notice that I was staring at him until he chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist, my cheeks forming a blush. At least he was in a better mood now.

His dark hair was slightly messed up from fighting but he managed to still look cute. And while I stared at him, he stared at me too. I immediately felt self-conscious about myself and squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze. He noticed this and pulled me closer to him.

“You’re beautiful, you know that?” He gently whispers into my ear.

“I’m not,” I denied, though I secretly felt overjoyed that he called me beautiful. It was something I needed somebody to say to me so that I would finally feel enough for someone.

His eyes turned hard. “And what makes you think you aren’t? Did somebody talk bad about you?” His voice was angry and my wolf purrs at how protective he is.

I shook my head. “I just don’t feel like I am.”

His eyes softened. “Don’t worry,” He says tenderly and kisses my head, “Once we get back to my place, I’ll make you feel beautiful.”

I raised a brow at him. “And how are you going to do that?”

He smirks. “By claiming what’s mine.”

My insides quiver in excitement when I heard that. I smiled sneakily at him. “I think we should know each other a little better before that happens,” I tease.

“Well, I’m sure we can do that before we reach my place,” He says huskily, his eyes raking down my body again.

“Hm, okay,” I say, pleased with the idea that I get to know him better. There’s no way I’m going to mate with him yet. I’m not ready for that. Especially once he finds out how inexperienced I am. I haven’t even kissed a guy yet and he’s had sex with a bunch of girls already.

My heart started to hurt when I thought about all the girls he’s slept with. He wouldn’t cheat on me would he?

As if he senses my mood drop, he asks, “What’s wrong?” A look of concern etched on his face.

“Nothing,” I lied. I didn’t want to appear as a clingy, jealous type of girl, even though that is who I really was.

He didn’t look like he believed me but didn’t press on it. Instead, he asked, “What’s your favorite color?”

“Black,” I reply.

He raises an eyebrow at me. “So you’re one of those punk girls huh?”

I shook my head and laughed. “Do I look punk to you?”

He shrugs. “It’s hard to tell when all you’re wearing is my shirt.” Again, his eyes went up and down my body.

A blush formed on my cheeks as I realized how exposed I was. The white v neck that smelled like him was long enough to cover my bottom features, luckily.

“What are you two lovebirds talking about?” I heard Lily ask. We turned to look at Alex and Lily, and they were smirking at us.

“Probably about how much they love each other,” Alex says in a teasing tone.

Lily wipes a fake tear away from her eye. “They grow up so fast.”

“I know, honey.”

I rolled my eyes at their parental behavior and I hear Ryder chuckle.

“Well, to answer your question,” Ryder says, “We were getting to know about each other a little better.”

“That’s good,” Lily says. “You guys can continue on with that. Alex and I will be talking about something else.”

“Have fun,” I say with a grin.

“You too,” She grins back and then starts talking to Alex about cats.

I turn to Ryder and he had an amused expression on his face as he listened to her speaking but then turned his attention to me.

“So, I’m still waiting for that kiss you promised me,” He smirks.

“I never promised you anything,” I reply innocently. Honestly, I didn’t want my first kiss to be right now. I at least want to be clean and look nice for my first kiss.

“But you owe me one,” He pouts at me.

I laughed at his childish demeanor. “Owing is different from promising.”

“Well when do you plan on paying me back then?” He says. I noticed a bit of nervousness on his face.

“Soon,” I say honestly and wrapped my arm around the bare skin of his back. I don’t get why he’s so nervous. I should be the one nervous, but I’m completely fine right now.

I felt his skin quiver when I touched him. When he touches me, I felt the same way. I guess that’s what being a mate does to you.

“It better be soon,” He says huskily to me. “I don’t think I can hold my wolf back for so long.”

He’s staring at my lips now and all I wanted to do was pull him toward me by his head and kiss him. But I refrained from doing so because of my insecurities. I was obviously a bad kisser since I’ve never kissed anyone before.

After a couple of minutes later, I smelled that we were closer to the city. That wasn’t the closest thing to us though. I notice Ryder's eyes hardening again.

In front of us appeared my family, Lily’s family, I think Alex’s parents, and Ryder’s parents.

But what I noticed the most was how angry my dad looked.