Chapter two

I ate my cereal, still half asleep.

"Wade, hurry up! You need to deliver those papers," my mother said.

"I know, I know," I replied.

I grabbed the bag of papers and headed out the door. I didn't pay attention to anything while I was delivering papers. I just wanted to see that girl again.

Once I got to her house, she was outside again. This time, she was doing something in her garden, I think she was planting a flower.

I decided to go up to her and give her the paper, so I could introduce myself.

I tapped on her shoulder, "Hey, miss, here is your paper."

She turned around and smiled, "Thanks."

"I'm Wade," I said.

"Hi Wade, My names Dolores, Dolores Haze. But don't call me Dolores, please don't. Call me Lolita, that's what everyone calls me," She giggled, "Well, sometimes my mother calls me Dolores Haze to scare me."

I laughed and looked at my feet.

"Are you new here?" She asked.

"No, I've never been in this neighbourhood before though," I replied.

"You wanna see my lilly?" She asked me with excitement.

"Your what?" I asked.

"My Lilly, see?" She pointed to a flower in the garden.

"It's beautiful," I told her.

"I think so too," she said.

"Well I gotta go deliver the rest of these papers, it was nice meeting you. Maybe we can talk again sometime," I said.

"Oh, ok. Have a nice day!" She smirked.

"See ya," I said and walked away.

******

"Hey, Wade can you tell me which dress you like best?" Sylver asked me.

I turned down the TV, "Do I have a choice?"

"No," She said.

"Fine," I stood up and walked to her room.

She had three dress' lying on her bed. She put all three up to her, with very dramatic poses.

"Which one?" She asked.

"Hm, I don't know, they're all pretty nice I guess." I answered.

"Well, yeah I know that. But which one would you think I looked hot in if I wasn't your sister?" She asked.

"Probably the second one," I told her.

"Thanks," she said and hung them back up in her closet, "I'm going to a movie with this guy tonight, his name is Jacob, he's super cute."

"Good for you," I nodded and smiled.

"So, who do you like?" She asked.

"Nobody," I blushed.

"Oh, come one," she pushed my shoulder.

"Well there's this one girl, her name is Lolita. She lives in the neighbourhood around the corner. I met her when I was delivering papers."

"Maybe she can come to the movies with me and Jacob. You could come too, it would be a double date!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know..." I shrugged.

"It'll be fun!" She smiled.

I thought for a while, "Fine."

******

I rode my bike to her house, thinking about what I should say to her. I parked my bike on her driveway and walked up to the door. I knocked and in only 5 seconds, her mother answered the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" She said.

"Hi, ma'am. I'm just wondering if Lolita is here?" I asked.

"Yes, she is." She smiled, "Lo! A boy is here and he wants to talk to you!"

Lo can running down the stares, excited to see who was at the door. She walked in front of the door.

"Hi," She said as he mother walked away.

"Hi, uh, I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the movies tonight? My sister and her friend- or boyfriend... I'm not really sure, but they're going too. I just wanted to ask if you wanted to come because I'm trying to make more friends and you seem like a real nice girl," I babbled.

She giggled, "What time?"

"Well the movie starts at 7:30, but we should go at 7:00," I replied.

She looked at the clock, "that's only in an hour."

"Yeah, sorry for the late notice," I gave a nervous smile.

"It's ok, I'll go get ready," she said.

I didn't see why she need to "get ready". She looked beautiful the way she was. Her straight red hair was down, and she was wearing a white dress with red floral designs.

"Ok, See you at 7:00," I said.

"Ok, but one question, how are we getting there?" She asked.

"My mom is driving," I replied.

"Ok,"

"Shouldn't you ask your mother?" I asked her.

"She won't care, we aren't busy tonight," she told me.

"Oh ok, see you later," I walked backwards.

"See ya," she said as she closed the door.

Once I got home, I searched my closet. I ended up choosing a yellow long sleeve button up shirt with a pair of jeans. I looked at the clock, seeing that it was 6:30.

I heard a knock. My sister walked in with the blue dress I picked out earlier.

"You look fancy," She teased.

"You too," I laughed.

"I'm excited to meet this Lolita girl," She told me.

"She's really nice, I think you'll like her," I said.

"I hope so," She smiled.

We heard the doorbell ring and Sylver jumped and ran to the door. I followed.

She opened the door revealing a boy with brown hair and he was wearing jeans with a blue t-shirt.

"Hey Jacob, you look nice," Sylver flirted.

"You look astonishing!" He hugged her.

"So I guess they're dating?" I questioned in my mind.

Sylver turned around, "Wade, this is Jacob, Jacob, this is Wade. He's my brother."

Jacob shook my hand, "Hi Wade, I've heard a lot of nice things about you."

I smiled and nodded my head.

"Wades bringing his girlfriend, if that's ok," Sylver said.

"She isn't my girlfriend, I just met her this morning," I rolled my eyes, "We're barely even friends. That's why I'm inviting her."

"Well shall we go?" Sylver asked.

"We shall," Jacob said and we headed out the door.