Chapter 17

Have a GIF of the gorgeous Kevin c:

Chapter 17

(Penelope POV)

This was the dumbest idea ever.

We were currently crawling up the rocks above the entrance and above where the hell hounds were. The plan was for Kevin and I to drop down on the hounds, while Fannie did some spell that would kill them without a sound. 

But I honestly did not thing it would work at all. And I somehow found myself deciding to do it my way. 

The easy way.

Kevin took hi position above one of the hell hounds and I took the other. Pulling out my dagger, I looked down at the hound as I stood up. I could see Kevin doing hand movements in the corner of my eye but I shrugged it off and jumped down.

I landed on top of the hound and he started shaking me back and forth like crazy. It didn't bother me much though as I brought my dagger down on the back of his neck and he fell to the ground with a whimper. I removed the dagger and looked back  to see the other hound growling at me, only then to see Kevin jump down and follow my previous action.

The dog then fell with a similar whimper and Kevin looked up to glare at me.

"What the hell was that!?" Fannie snapped, walking away from her position behind a rock.

"I thought this would be easier." I shrugged, wiping the blood off the dagger and putting it back in place.

"Easier?" Fannie snorted and crossed her arms. "That noise they made was pretty damn loud. Now they know we're here." I stood there, looking back and forth and listening to the silence.

"I don't hear any battle cries, do you?" I asked sarcastically and Fannie huffed, throwing her hands in the air.

"Guys come one. We're waisting time." Kevin ordered and we turned to walk into the entrance. I pulled out my gun, pointing it to the ground as we crept along the walls of the tunnel. I paused before a turn and jumped out, gun raised. I saw nothing and motioned for the others to follow.

Another turn approached and I did the same thing as before only to be greeted by someone. I put my gun down as I looked at the familiar face. His once blond hair was now a dark brown and tousled on top of his head, in a manner that would otherwise looks messy, but seemed more styled than so. I could see a light stubble now growing on his face and a bruise on his cheek.

"Kingsley?" I gasped, my gun now hanging limp in my hand as I felt the tears forming.

"Penelope? Is that really you?" I could hear the pain in his voice and I bit my lip, nodding. He ran forward and grabbed me in a hug, lifting me off the ground. I laughed as the tears fell down my face, I could hear him let out a chuckle.

"Oh my god. I never thought I would see you." He breathed, setting me down. I saw his eyes were red and realized he was crying also.

"Same here. But, I heard you were here, so I came to bring you back." I smiled. 

"I don't trust this." I jumped at the voice and remembered that Fannie and Kevin were also in the tunnel. Kevin stepped out and beside me.

"What?" I snapped at him, stepping away a little. He looked at me confused and Fannie came to stand beside him. "No, I don't trust it either." She added and I looked at her confused.. Why were they doing this? I finally got him, easier than I expected to...wait.

That was it.

It was easier than I expected. I turned to look at Kingsley and gripped my gun.