Chapter 1

They were given only a moments' notice before Snow White's army crested the hills. The horns and trumpets could be heard in the distance and beneath that the drumbeat of a thousand marching soldiers. Anya, Sabine and Collette gathered on their mothers' balcony where she sat watching the procession inch closer to their castle.

"Your majesty..." the servant began to speak on entrance to the royal chamber.

"It's okay, Patrick. You're relieved. Go home to your family while you can." The Queen excused her loyal servant.

"Mother, you must retreat. We can hold them off whilst you take the tunnels down to Pirate Cove." Anya suggested.

The Queen chuckled. "I'm sure those tunnels are being patrolled by Snow's dwarves by now."

"Then make it to Siren Lake and cross the Dazzling Peaks." Suggested Sabine.

"We can stop them, mother." nodded Collette, "Or at least slow them down."

"Girls, this fight isn't yours so don't get involved."

"This is your fight so it is our fight too. You're out mother." Anya breathed.

"I'm not just your mother but your queen and you will do as I command."

"We want to fight." Argued Sabine. "You taught us the ways of your magic. Why won't you let us defend you?"

"If Snow's army captures me they will take me back to her kingdom and punish me for my transgressions against her and Charming."

"They won't punish you they'll kill you." Shouted Collette.

The Queen rolled her eyes then turned her attention back to the castles outer walls, built high with thorny vines to keep trespassers out and the only gate taller still and harder to break down with its many magical protections. With a wave of her hand the enchantments lifted and the gate opened wide enough to allow the leading troupe onto the castle grounds.

"Mother!" Anya shouted in shock.

But the Queen had fled the balcony and fled her chambers before beginning a slow walk to the castle doors. Her speechless daughters began to follow but with another wave of the Queen's hand and they found their way to the grand staircase blocked when the furniture sprang to life around them.

Anya grew impatient, if their mother used magic to keep them away she would use magic to reach her. A wave of her hand and the furniture broke apart before crashing into the walls and masonry. Sabine threw balls of fire at the suit of armour which sprung to life whilst Collette threw vials of explosive potions at any other obstacles their mother put in their way.

By the time they madeit to the Great Hall, their mother was outside where Prince Charming waswaiting. The Queen held her head up,unafraid of the soldiers surrounding her. She looked over her shoulder to where her daughters stood ready to fightbut she shook her head

 and they stayed out of sight.

"You're reign of this land is over, Raven."

"And what are the charges against me, Charming?" the Evil Queen spat. "Twenty years I've resided in this castle and yet neither you nor your beloved Snow have seen fit to come after me till now."

"I think you are already too aware of why I am here today. Lock her up and put her in the carriage."

The soldiers quickly closed ranks on her with their weapons drawn as two others came forth with shackles and chains. But the queen remained silent and still and didn't attempt to defend herself or fight them off. It wasn't until she was being pushed into the carriage did the queen's daughters catch sight of Queen Snow.