A Love that Never Fades

Introduction

Not all endings have to be like Cinderella's or any fairytale because this is reality. Realities does not have an ending, it was a lie because an end in reality, is just the beginning.

Puppy Love

I had my first MU (mutual understanding) at an early age. I don’t want to consider him as my boyfriend because he only used me for money. Every day, he asks me to give him 100 pesos just for him to be able to play counter strike (it was a popular game that time). It went on for the whole school year until I decided to transfer to another school.  I honestly don’t know how we broke up!

The new school I transferred in was inside a village. It was like a school abroad where there’s no pollution and the only sounds you can hear are the chirping of birds and barking of dogs.

I was a sentimental person back then. I love art, kids, singing, poetry, soccer and I value people who admire me but I was not the type who would entertain guys at the same time. I got my heart broken 3 times, one was that year and the other 2 was the year after.

Months after, one of my closest friends, J, invited me over to her house. We were joking around. She gave me two pictures of her cousins and asked me to choose who’s cuter. I pointed my finger to one of them who’s name started with R and we laughed.

The Meeting

December 25, that year, someone texted me. He used another name but eventually he told me his real name and that he’s the cousin of my friend. We texted every day until we became close.

I was able to meet him person on February. Right after I was introduced to him, I ran to the soccer field and played with my other friends because I was so shy. I didn’t have the time to talk to him.

Summer came. J invited me to hang out. We went to their cousin’s house. I was able to meet some of their relatives. That was the day I was able to talk to R in person.

My family decided to transfer me to another school near our house so that I would also be able to look after my nephew. It was the school where R and his sister & cousin are studying.

My First Love

R and I became a couple. It was not an ordinary relationship. No kisses. No HHWW (holding hands while walking). We hold hands sometimes but not in front of everyone! It’s pure love and care for each other.

During the middle of the school year, he told me that they would be soon migrating to another country. He asked me if I want him to go, I couldn’t really remember what I answered. He has to go; all of their family is going.

We treasured the remaining months together.

Summer came in a flash. We went out with my sister and our friends. We were so happy! His sister, P, spent the whole summer at our house. 

The Break-UP

It's been two weeks! He wasn’t answering to my calls or texts anymore. I was so worried and scared. My brother’s girlfriend talked to him. I was shocked when I heard what she told him! She said, “Kung ganyan rin lang.. Edi magbreak nalang kayo!” (If that’s what’s happening between the both you, then you might as well break up!). When it was my turn to talk to him, he dropped the call already.

The next day, I woke up with my heart pounding. As I read my phone, I have one message from him. He said, “Sorry, I need space. It’s not you, it’s me.” The usual line every one says when breaking up with someone.

I cried for the rest of the summer!

Wake me up when September ENDSS!

Time was running so fast!

September. My sister and I went to their house before their flight. We said our last goodbyes, kissed me in the cheek and took a picture together. I was floating in thin air! I don’t know what I feel. His mom said they have to go, we went to our car and waved goodbye. He kissed me again for the last time (requested by my sister) and we drove off.

As we leave, I was slowly digesting what’s happening until I began to cry. My sister didn’t know what to do so she called R. He asked me, “Why are you crying?”. In the back of my mind, I said, “Are you really asking me that question?!” but I told him, “Nothing.” and ended the call.

No Goodbyes, Just "See you Later"

The day after their departure, I received a message. He said that he realized how much he really loves me when he was already on the plane.

He posted a video of our pictures with a background song, High by the speaks. And another video of Carol Banawa’s song, Stay, dedicated to me.

He's 3,000 miles away.

Our love story ended there.

But love we once had will always be a mystery to me because I have always loved him after 8 years; I can’t explain why, I just do.

Through time, I learned not to push things and just hope for the best in his life. 

We may not be together as a couple but our friendship will continue forever!