She turned around slowly, Her thickly eye lined cold blue eyes slightly wide with shock. Her pale lips parted for a second as she opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. 

“What did you just say you little hag?!” Sneered her ‘friend’. Honestly, I didn’t classify them as friends at all. They were two of the dullest, meekest, meanest, and nastiest people who followed Vic around all day. Jen, the one who just dissed me had rusty brown curls with green and pink streaks running through her shoulder length frizzy hair, and the blackest eyes I’ve ever seen. 

“Shut up.” Vic hissed at her. Jen clamped her mouth shut, but didn’t stop glaring at me.

"What did you just say?” Fumed Vic. I couldn't answer because I couldn't stop staring into her cold pitiless pale eyes. Vic was the school's cold-hearted bitch. Everyone hated her guts, but were too scared to do anything. She was the kind you'd want to stay at least 15 meters away from when she passed through the hallways. It wasn't the fact that she rode a badass motorcycle, or the fact that she could make you piss your pants if you looked into her eyes for more than thirty seconds. Vic didn't like anything at all. Not a single thing! I looked her up and down in distaste. Her dirty and bulky combat boots, filthy skinny jeans with holes in them, and a T-shirt twice her size. Her once thick shiny black hair was now a dull thin handful of hair tied into a messy ponytail. Leather bracelets on her thin pale arm, and even under the thick eyeliner I could still see the bags under her eyes.

I swear, she looked more like an anorexic girl with drinking problems, which is true actually, then a physically frightening person.

 Vic was a mess, a total hot mess. She had drinking problems, she was in some dangerous gang, was suspended twice, and made it to school only 15% through out the whole year. She was rude to both teachers and students, and didn't give a shit about no one. I can't even find a single thing in her that reminded me of the girl she was before her parents died.

"Don't." She said grabbing the hem of my shirt and pulled me forcefully to her. "Ever call me that." She hissed in my face.

"Why? Because you know you are one?" I asked calmly. I don't know where all this was coming from, it was all just pouring out. I've put up with Vic's shit for three whole years, and kept on thinking there was some spark of happiness left in her, that all this was just a phase. I ignored all her vicious remarks, and vain ignorance that smacked me in the face every time she barely acknowledged my existence.

I waited and waited but..

I was just done now. I couldn't face her cold shoulder anymore.

"I do. But I don't need no one to tell me." She sneered and I raised a blonde brow. We both knew I wasn't even close to being a bitch, and she glared even harder. If that was even possible.

I resisted the urge to shudder at her cold gaze. It was so hateful.

Someone nudged Vic, and we both snapped our heads in their direction.

"Show her what she deserves, no one gets away by calling you that V." Monica said eyeing me scornfully. Monica was Jen's exact replica, well in personality she was. She had dirty blonde hair that was haggardly cut into a boy style. And had an ugly scar running through her left eye.

"I'm sorry." I said politely. "But you’re not worth my time." I said and was the first person in history to turn my back on the evil threesome. I held my head high, as people looked at me with awed expressions, and shocked gasps.

"Mia!" Alicia, one of the cheerleaders, hissed in my ear as she looped an arm through mine. "That was wicked! You should have seen the look on her face!" She said looking at me with big deer-like eyes.

I shrugged and gave her a small smile, but something about the flicker of emotion in Vic's eyes bugged me. Maybe it was just a trick of the light. 

I sat down at the lunch table, and was immediately fired at with questions, and awed exclamations.

Jackie's eyes were dark, and she was eyeing Vic's every move as though she might attack at any second.

I shot her a grateful look, and she winked.

I felt someone kick me under the table, and I somehow knew it was Rowan. 

He gave me an 'are you okay?' look.

And I answered with an eye-roll, and he kicked me again.

I glared and gave him the 'I'm fine!! Ugh' look.

He nodded, but his jaw flexed. I sent him a questioning look, but he wouldn't meet my eyes.

I sighed and answered the many questions that were waiting for me.

"No I didn't punch Vic."

"No I didn't push her into a driving bus's path."

"And .. wait, what? No I didn't burn her hair and shove it down her throat while I poked her eyes out?"

Gosh.

~~~

"Emma smile!" I shouted as Dylan threw me, and I summersaulted in the air and gracefully landed on the matt in a standing position, with my arms spread wide above my head.

"Mia! If I smile anymore my teeth will fall off!" She whined.

"I know, me too. I'm sorry! But the final game's tomorrow and we have to do the opening perfectly." I said seriously.

None of them knew how serious this was for me. My last time cheering. Two more days of school, better make the best of them.

The girls huffed and started doing the routine again. But the moves were all awkward and robot like, they were tired.

"Stop!" I shouted, and they all looked at me annoyed.

I smiled sheepishly.

"Take a break, you deserve it." I said, and some girls whooped, while some slumped on the benches. We've been practicing non-stop for a whole three hours.

"That's why you’re our favorite captain." Mary said slinging an arm around me.

"I'm your only captain." I said laughing.

"No seriously, if you were someone else we'd be dying for another hour at least." Piped in Danielle.

"Tell me about it, Mia's one of a kind." Linda said winking.

"And she's hot." Said Dylan.

"And she's really thoughtful!" Said our shy little Kendra.

"And she's hot." Said Dylan again.

"She's smart too." Said Tiffany.

"And she's hot!" They all sang simultaneously as I cracked up.

"Okay! Okay! Thank you but I said a break, not we're done." I said grinning wickedly as they all groaned and smacked their foreheads.