Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth

Start from the beginning

Carlyle looked at Jay in sadness before getting angry again and picking Jay up and carrying him a little ways away. Cooper and Eli went to help but I stopped them. Jay wouldn't be hurt, I knew that, so Carlyle was probably just moving him so he wouldn't be hurt. Carlyle plopped Jay down on his butt and before Jay could get up his arms and legs were encased in stone. Jay didn't look scared; he just looked angrier and if looks could kill Carlyle would be six feet under.

"Carlyle, I swear to god, if you don't let me go this second you will regret it!" Jay screamed as thrashed to get out of the stone.

Carlyle ignored him and started walking threateningly towards the pack and I. I got in a ready stance but before he could reach anyone Cooper jumped in front of him in a ready stance and a glare. Carlyle looked down on Cooper and snorted in laughter. He raised his hand to swat Cooper away when Cooper ducked and gave him a hard punch in the jaw.

Nice.

Carlyle stumbled back and looked at Cooper in surprise, and so did I. Golems' are known for their strength and making one stumble like that was no easy task. I've been underestimating Cooper it seems. Carlyle growled and charged at Cooper, now more weary. He reached Cooper and swung with a strong right followed by an uppercut left. Cooper got hit with the first but managed to dodge the second attack and he retaliated.

They exchanged blow after blow for a while but I could tell Cooper was getting tired. Owen ran over and tried to jump in to help but Cooper stopped him with a growl, never taking his eyes from Carlyle.

"Stop Owen!" he yelled, "Don't attack him unless you have a plan. He will kill you faster then you can say confetti if you do!" Cooper told him as he tried to avoid more blows.

Cooper was doing a pretty good job, and even dishing out some hits, but Carlyle feinted to the right and managed to get on Coopers' left side, his blind spot, and caught him in the face. His eyes rolled back and Cooper was out. Not dead, but out. Owen growled loudly and jumped at Carlyle while shifting in mid air. Carlyle easily caught Owen by the throat the tossed him aside to my surprise. Owen was not usually caught off guard. I growled and the pack and I all shifted as Stephanie pulled out her silver knife.

Carlyle faced us in a cocky stance and let out a sinister laugh as he shifted too. He shifted into a large black wolf that looked like burnt stone and his eyes were glowing yellow, making him look like he was on fire inside. He was a strange looking wolf and Carlyle was about the size of me, if not slightly bigger.

As I looked him over I realize something, "I thought your mother was a human?" I asked as I looked Carlyle over, he should not be able to turn into a wolf.

Chris answered for me, "She must have had a recessive werewolf gene and that was how it was possible for Carlyle to even be born!" Chris said with fear as he watched the large wolf.

Before I could even think, the fight started. The pack tried taking Carlyle on in pairs, first Owen and Isaac together and when that failed we tried a rush. See if we could overwhelm him with numbers. Carlyle easily evaded all of the attacks and was only dishing out small wounds, nothing life threatening.

He was mocking us. He was only giving out wounds that would hurt, but not kill, so he could kill us slowly. I growled angrily at him and faced him head on. I charged but he easily through me off. Snarling, I faced him again but before I could attack again Quinn's voice rang strongly from the porch.

"Carlyle!" he yelled in anger. All fighting and growling stopped and everyone looked up to Quinn.

"What the hell is he doing?" Asher yelled panicked.

"So, you finally decided to show yourself!" Carlyle growled out at Quinn.

"Leave my pack alone!" Quinn demanded to my utter surprise. Was that really Quinn or was Stan or Finn in control instead. I looked to Quinn to see that it really was Quinn in control right now.

My Quiet MateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara