chapter 2

Eadlyn POV

I ran outside the palace, to the gardens my mother and I visited often. I let a few tears escape my eyes after sitting down on a bench but maintained my posture and a straight face. A hand was placed on my shoulder, and I turned around slightly frightened and confused.
It was Kile.
I let a soft sigh as my glossy eyes met his stern ones. He didn't say anything, just embraced me tightly. And that was all I needed in that moment.
And there we sat, his arms wrapped around my petite frame. I rested my head on his chest as the cold autumn breeze hit us, a few leaves flying around.
"Why did this have to her? Out of all people.." I said softly after a while, my tone frigtened of what would come.
"Im not sure Eadlyn, but I do know one thing." He began softly, running a hand through my hair and I didn't stop his like I usually would have "your mother is strong. I know she is. And I know she'll be fine. Theres nothing to worry about, all we can do is wait" he, a hint of kindness and guidance in his tone.
Eadlyn looked up at him, the slightest bit of a smile on her plump lips "you always know what to say, don't you?"
Kile chuckled softly and shook his head "I suppose some may say that. But I usually just say what's on my mind" he said as he focused on his hands, which were still fidgeting with a couple loose strands in her hair.
"We should go inside, but not to the infirmary" she said in a whisper, her voice a tad more calm now. And with that Kile stood up, offering his hand to Eadlyn. If this was any normal day, she would have probably refused but it wasn't a normal day her mother was dying and Kile had been the only one who had come and talked to her. With that, they walked into the palace and up to the top floor "shall we go to your room or mine?" Kile asked, a smug smile on his lips
Eadlyn shook her head and punched his arm gently "your room. Its much better than mine"
They entered his messy room and Eadlyn plopped down on his bed, a large smile on her lips.
"Very comfortable aren't you?" He said jokingly before unbuttoning his shirt and throwing it to the side.
"Very" Eadlyn said rolling her eyes as she wrapped herself in the covers of the bed.
He layed down besides her, and wiggled his eyebrows. His usual crocked smile on his lips.
And they layed there together, not giving a care about anything else in the world. They talked, laughed, cried, kissed, and late at night when there eyes were the only things glowing in the darkness, they feel asleep together. While Kile wrapped his arms around Eadlyn, she finnaly felt peaceful.