I felt Lauren sit next to me. My eyes turned to her and it made more tears well up.

"It's okay, Em. Don't cry. They'll be back before you know it. You can pick what we do. You can choose whatever you like."

Whatever I like?

"C-can we cowor? Wanna draw dem pwetty piwtuwe."
I remember how happy Daddy was the last time I colored. I gave it to him and he hung it right in the middle of the big box with food in it.

"Yeah! That sounds like so much fun. C'mon, I'm sure we can find some paper and colors some where," Lauren smiled happily at me, holding my hand as she brought me into a smaller room that had most of the bags daddies packed.

I grabbed Beary off the sofa as we walked past, holding him tight.

"Does your bear have a name?"

I nodded as she stopped in front of a cabinet, starting to dig through it.

"Beawy," I said softly, standing on my tippy toes, attempting to see what she was doing on the counter.

"Really? That's a lovely name," She smiled softly, sending a small wave to Beary.

"Hi, Beary! I'm Lauren!"

I giggled softly, taking Beary's hand in mine and allowing him to wave back at her. Beary likes her. Maybe that means I should too.

My toes started hurting a little from standing on them as I watched her gather supplies. Right now she had paper, markers, and crayons.

"What do you think, Emmy? Look good enough to start coloring?"

I nodded, but pointed at the markers.

"Da says not s'pose use mawkes 'less say so."

"Oh. Is that so? Well, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if we used them this one time since I'm watching. Do you think that would be okay with Da?"

Hesitantly, I nodded, following her once again as she led us in front on the telly. A big sofa was in front of the screen and she took one of the pillows off, setting it on the floor in front of the short table. I sighed softly as she put markers, paper, and other coloring things on the table.
I wish daddy was here to color with me. He always drew silly pictures.

"There! Now you can sit and color!" Lauren had a big smile on her face, patting the pillow next to her as she sat on the floor. "Come on, Emmy. Now you can color your daddies a beautiful picture," Lauren spoke happily, grabbing a piece of paper for me.

"Tay," I whispered softly. I placed Beary next to me, sitting on the squishy pillow on the floor. She sent me an encouraging nod, grabbing a marker and a paper of her own.

"What are you gonna draw them?"

Why was she asking? I didn't want to tell her. It wasn't for her. It was for daddies. I want them to come home.
I shrugged, moving to sit on my legs. My feet bent under me, the pillow a soft support instead of the floor.

Lauren frowned, whispering a small okay.

Is she upset with me? I wasn't trying to make her mad. I just want them to come home. Maybe I should tell her so she won't be mad...