The Neighbor

Eli~

The bell rang signalling the end of first period. Class was so weird. With the new sexy teacher acting like she didn't know what she was doing. My next class is biology. I can't stand dissecting frogs or whatever we do in this horrible class.

____________________________________
7 hours later

I'm so glad that that's over. I mean school. But the only thing I was happy about seeing was my old friends. I decided to walk past Alex's house on my way home. I miss him. It's been a year and we still haven't found him. Sometimes I feel like he's still here, right in front of us. And that's every single time I walk past his house. His family moved out after 5 months of his disappearance. Once I get to the mail box I see a movers van outside. Did somebody actually by this home? How dare they? I ran home to get some answers.
I found my mom in the kitchen paying bills and saw like a welcome basket.

"How was your day sweetie." She said.

"It was ok." I said.

"Did you see Scott, Spencer." She asked.

"Yes." I said, trying to get what she's trying to say and I think I just got it.

" I saw Aiden's mom in the brew today. Did you know they were back." She asked.

"Yeah, I found out today." I said.

"Well, did you guys talk." She asked sounding concerned.

"I talked to Aiden. And that was it." I said.

" oh and before I forget, I need you to drop that basket to the new family who's moving in to Alex's house. Is that ok for you to do that." She asked anxiously.

"Yeah." I said. Well I got my answer.

"Well go do it." She rushed me out of the house.

I Walked back to Alex's house and saw this boy directing the movers how to handle the boxes. He was pretty stricted, but not as stricted as Alex would be. I walked over and pretty much startled him.

"Hi, my mom wanted me to give this to your parents." I said.

"Oh well, my parents aren't here, but I'll take that. Be right back." He said.

I saw this box that old pictures of us and all of Alex's note books. Even one with that said "secrets". Then I saw that one picture Alex took before that night. The next minute that boy came back.

"Sorry that took so long, but my name is Noah, nice to meet you. He said in a jocund voice.

"Eli, and nice to meet you to." I replied.

"I know this may sound weird but, would you mind to help with the rest of these boxes." He asked.

"Sure." I said care free. "Where do you what them."

"Just follow me." He said

That's when I noticed that Spencer lived next door.

I followed Derek upstairs carrying these heavy boxes.

We come into this familiar room.

"Just set the boxes on the floor." He said.

"This use to be my old friend's bedroom." I said in a melancholy voice.

"The boy in the picture?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"What happened to him?"

"I don't know."

I walked over to his dresser and saw a picture of him and this beautiful, curvy, girl.

"Is this your girlfriend." I asked.

"Yeah, but I had to breakup with her." He said with no remorse.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"Because I couldn't do a long distance relationship. But really she was dried up." He said.

I just started laughing.

"What about you." He asked.

"Me what."

"Do you have a girlfriend, dummy." He said chuckling.

"Oh yeah."

"Have you two gone all the way?"

"I don't see how that's any of your business!"

"Hey, just making friends"

"Sorry, it's just that... She wants to but, I'm the best athlete in my high school and if I do "it", and the school finds out along with my parents. I'll be in so much trouble."

"I get it. But on another topic, have you ever gone on cloud nine?" He asked.

"You mean smoking?" I asked

"Yeah."

"Oh no, I have a reputation to worry about."

"Oh come on. Just have one little puff."

"Ok."* I said rolling my eyes.

I took one puff and it felt good. Like I a lot of weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I always thought that if I smoke, my parents would take me to the doctors and get my breathe checked or they might smell it on my breathe. But now I'm not worried.