One of The Boys

I stood at the top of the ramp. I looked down as my adrenaline began to rush through my body. I looked around. The crowd was going wild. I was ready to skate my ass off and win this. All this hard work was finally going to pay off. I took one last breathe and strapped my helmet onto my head. I put my skateboard under my foot.

"You can do this Jordan, I know you can," Rodney said giving me a soft pat on the back. I nodded to each one of my team members and in the blink of an eye I was down the ramp. I could feel the wind blowing in my hair as I went from one side of the ramp to the other. I felt free. I did 180’s, 360’s, kicks flips, hard flips, and many others. But once I was about to do my signature stunt, I could feel my wheels getting loose. I tried to hold my balance as the skateboard began to try and wiggle me off.

"You could make it to the last flip, c'mon Jordan," I thought out loud. But as I reached the side of the ramp to do one of my aerial tricks, 3 of my board's wheels fell off. When I landed onto the ramp I fell, hard. I began to tumble down the ramp. I could hear the cracking of my ribs as I still was rolling down the long ramp. Everything began to blur as I pounded into the bottom of the ramp.

"JORDAN!" I heard someone yell out. Everything began to fade. The noises began to fade and the pictures began to fade. I felt numb. All I could think about was if I was dead or if I was going to die.

"Jordan! Jordan, wake up. Jordan!" I heard someone say. "Someone get her to a hospital, right now!"

Finally everything went black and I passed out.