Fighting with the Enemy

Start from the beginning

"As we were checking the vital organs. One of the hearts weren't pumping, it was like a rock. The computer identified it as a diamond. Strange right? The other Mortem we had in here had the same problem. Perhaps that's a disease for them." A doctor explained to the others. Diamond huh? That is peculiar.

I waited until Hajime woke up, even if I was told to leave. I was giving up until he started to stir awake. My hand had already been on his face. His cheek was soft, but cold. It was warm in that room. So how? Hajime slowly opened his eyes, but closed them to the bright uninviting lights. He sat up and turned toward me, rubbing his closed eyes. He was extremely handsome, I didn't know I was staring so hard at him.

"Staring is rude you know. And why is your hand on my cheek? " he asked calmly. He moved his hands and yawned.

"No reason. I was wondering why you're so cold. It's warm in here." I answered. He nodded and put his hand on mine, pressing it closer. He took my other hand and pressed it against his other cheek. A small smile made its way onto my lips. He then opened his eyes.

They were absolutely gorgeous

They were absolutely gorgeous. I get it, he is the enemy, but I couldn't help myself. I had to admire such a unique being. His eyes weren't like diamonds, they were diamonds. My heart fluttered as he gave me a smile.

"He is awake and healed as expected. Now we're going to have to make a deal." I moved from him and looked in the direction to see the captain. He smirked slightly at Hajime. "About the deal, if you fight with us you have to make your kind leave."

"And if I don't? "

'Well I'll just let you see for yourself. " he answered. A weapon was raised to Hajime's head. Hajime just simply hummed.

"We have a deal then. I don't see why you'd threaten to kill me anyway." He muttered.

The next few days were all about training. Then we went off to battle, Hajime with my group. We faught with pride and didn't care if we'd die at any give moment. A few months past and the war had died down immensely. We had had funerals for the desceased. Shoyo was one of them. I had never seen Tobio so broken and angered when he fought in the war between us and the Mortem.

But that all came to an end. Hajime had gotten the mother ship to leave. Other smaller space crafts stayed. We'd befriended many but few are still our enemy. They'd stayed here to repair the towns. It took about four months. That's when we had learned that the whole diamond disease thing was true. Hajime and I were very close.

I just wish we could've stayed that way. Hajime looked at me and smiled tiredly. "You should rest. I'll be gone for awhile." He said. Those words scared me. I laid in the bed quietly, staring at Iwa-chan as he dressed to leave. He coughed though I knew he would be fine. I don't want him to go just yet. I love him so much. And we'd been together for almost a year now. My stomach churned as I thought. Soon Iwa-chan was out of the house.

Hajime didn't come back until mid day. He left so early, so it was surprising. He seemed tired himself, so why should I get rest? He shouldn't push himself. "Oikawa are you awake?" He called as he closed the door. He was speaking in his native tongue as he walked around the house.

"Yes, I'm going to go take a shower." I called back. He hummed as he came to our shared room, laying on the bed. I peeked into the room and walked over to him, climbing on top of the male. "Welcome home. " i murmured, planting a small kiss on his lips.

"Mm... Thank you. Hey Toru, you need to get washed and dressed, we're going out." he said

"Oh? Where to?"

"Somewhere. " he answered. I smiled and climbed off of him, hopping into the shower once I had stripped of my clothing. As I finished, I looked at the time. The aroma of spices find the small apartment. I dressed, doing my hair and such before going into the kitchen to see Hajime putting food in a basket. "We're going on an evening picnic, okay?" He said.

"Okay." I answered back. We left the apartment and went off. We walked to the hill that had the perfect view of a few towns. We sat down and ate, talked, laughed. We'd exchange wine flavoured kisses. The moon soon started to show and we packed up. Hajime hugged me tightly.

"Promise me something; okay?"

"H-Hajime?" I could feel my heart sink as his weight started to press down.

"Look at the stars and remember that I love you." He said. Tears streamed down his cheeks, he's leaving. I started to sob. He pulled me into a passionate kiss, and soon there was a bright light. He faded away just like that. I felt my heart break. The love of my life was gone. I fell to my knees, sobbing loudly. I never saw Hajime again, but I do stare up at the stars like he told me to do. I will forever love him, till the day I die. When that happens, I will join him.

~Fin~

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Hey. I'm sorry for the angst...okay maybe not, but this was fun. I liked this a lot.