Esme took the present and opened it with a gasp as she found an autographed Emmitt Smith rookie card inside, along with a certificate of authenticity, and had to keep from crying. "John tell your mama I loved it and it's going in my collection room when I get back home to Georgia next week. Wow, that woman just gave me the best present a Cowboys fan could ever have, I love it."

"She always loved you Es you know that, she still smacks me upside the head when she sees me for letting you get away. Mom practically had a wedding planned in her head, even though I'd told her I wasn't sure I'd ever get married again after Liz. Enjoy the gift though, and I'll let her know you loved it," I said as I turned to leave, until her voice called me back. If I'd known she was about to kill me emotionally, I would've kept walking, and not taken the beating that followed.

"John, I need to tell you something, but I need everyone to leave first, that includes you Joe," she said as everyone got out the door quickly, and Joe gave her the look that'd he'd be right outside if need be.

"Es what's so important you had to shoo everyone out to tell me, it can't be that serious. Unless you're pregnant of course than I might be forced to wring both yours and Romeo's necks, but I know that's not it, so spill," I told her as she got up and walked over to me.

"John you're someone I care enough about and to want in my life that I had to tell you this on person, even though I know we aren't a hundred percent and may never be. Joe asked me to marry him Christmas day, ironic I know cause Phil did the same thing with Kylie, and I said yes. I'm engaged," she said as I finally noticed the rock on her ring finger and the way her eyes glowed as she said it.

I felt what little bit of my heart was left break because now she was gone forever, and it suddenly pissed me off as I turned away and felt like hitting something. "You have been with this guy for all of four and a half months and some how you've magically realized he's the one. I waited for three years almost to have you, to try and show you that I was different and you turn and ran at the first sign of trouble. What the hell Esmeralda?"

She had tears in her eyes, I'd basically verbally slapped the shit out of her, but I felt she deserved it for taking that final jab and killing my soul. "John I love him, I'm madly in love with him, I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you or cause you pain, but we were better as friends and colleagues, and I'd like us to stay that way. You taught me to be Gemini and to live for the business, while Esme was just the girl next door. He's gotten to know me, Esmeralda Jackson and he loves me, not the girl in the outfit who carries herself like a diva in the ring, the real me," she says to me as I back away from her and go to leave.

"I knew that girl too Esme, the girl whose dream since she first saw a live event was to be in that ring, I knew her too. I helped mold you into the superstar you've become, and watched you flourish into a top diva overnight but it took you five years to realize I existed as more than your teacher,"I told her as she looked at me with anger and hurt.

"You were married John, I'm not a homewrecker you know that. I was also dating Andrew at some point in that time and I'm not the cheating type, so what was I supposed to do, screw both of you and give you a part of me instead of all of me?"

"I never got any of you Esmeralda why don't you get that through your thick skull. You never gave me any of you, because you were still hung up on Drew and then gorilla boy came into the picture and you started falling for him. And you wonder why I talked to Liz towards the end, I had lost my companion and girlfriend all at the same time."

She slapped me hard then, harder than ever before and I felt my head move swift to the side in recoil. "Don't you ever tell me I didn't give you anything you bastard because I did. I was already hesitant because you'd just divorced Liz, Drew was my first love and the only man I'd ever been with, and no I wasn't over him yet. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt because I trusted you enough to not hurt me, and you did it anyways."