always

" Maya, the minute you get on that bull, every single danger in the world will invade my mind and I will literally go out of my freaking mind if anything happens to you," he looked at me with worried eyes and a gaping mouth.

The mouth that I wanted to kiss so badly and the eyes that always brought light to my days. But this time, his eyes made me scared. Not scared that I would be hurt, but scared that I would be hurting him in the process as well.

I was currently on the other side of the fence where the bull was. Breaking my eye contact with him, I turned my head for a split second to look at the bull, then at him. Riley, Farkle and Zay were at the audience area, where they would be cheering on for me for at least I hope four seconds.

" Lucas," I held his hand, " Just know that if I don't come back, I have always loved. If I'm not myself, just know that I will always love you," I looked at him with teary eyes.

Without hesitation, he held my face and pulled it towards his, bringing my lips to meet his as we shared a passionate moment. It felt right and it felt good. But it also felt like the last. After letting go, he rested his forehead on mine as we waited for the announcer to call out my name.

It was only a few seconds before I was called out but it felt like forever, taking in every second that I had with him. I looked at him, telling him that I had to go.

Before letting my hand go, he managed to whisper, " I love you, Maya," 

I stood there, taking in those three words before turning around. I let out a heavy breath before climbing over the fence and onto the bull, fear building more and more inside of me as the seconds goes by.

" You ready, kid?" the guy asked, holding onto my forearm to calm me down.

I looked at him and faked a smile while nodding. What else was I suppose to do anyway? Let go of my grip on the bull and cry into his arms? I wish.

I let out another huge breath, closing my eyes while deep in thought.

Four seconds. Four seconds is all I need. Four seconds.

" Of course, I like you. I don't know what I would have done if you got hurt," I sat down, " Being in that hospital, and having this doubt in my head that you wouldn't come out alive made me realize how much I care for you," I looked up at him, " It made me realize how much I like you,"

Four seconds. Four seconds until it is all over. Four seconds.

" Okay, so what do you like about Maya?" Farkle asked, not satisfied with my constant denial of feelings for Maya.

I sighed, taking a seat as I faced my two best friends.

" Well, I like playing along with the games she does. I like that I can talk to her just about anything, and, I like her smile," by then, I was deep in my thoughts that were filled with memories that I had with her, " And the way she laughs. Oh, and when she does this ' HaHurr' thing in my face as she tries to mock me, it makes me feel special that no one, not even-," I stopped, realizing that I had a crush on my best friend.

I let my mouth gape open, furrowing my eyebrows as I look at my best friends in disbelief.

" Man, this is even worse than we thought," Zay shook his head as he took a seat.

" Guys, what's going on? I like Maya?" I asked, still shocked.

Farkle shook his head as he pats my shoulder, " No, man," 

" You're in love with her," Zay explained, leaving me starstruck.

I'm in love with Maya.

Four seconds. Four seconds to stay on this bull. Four seconds.

The horn blew, the gate opened, releasing the bull with me on top of it, Tightening my grip on the handle, raising my hand up to keep myself balanced as I try to absorb what was happening. It was all happening so slow, the only cheering I could hear were murmured sounds as it worsened my headache.

By then, I could only hear the thumping of my heart, beating every second as the bull tried its very best to throw me off of itself. I knew that I was a few seconds from falling off, from what I can feel in my head. It all felt blur, and I glanced up to look at him, before it went black.