There's no hesitation when he shrugs and picks up his black lanyard, swinging it on his ring-clad fingers and making sure not to hit Camille. They both walk towards the two older women, naturally, as if they've been doing this for many lifetimes. It's stupid, and this isn't some romantic fantasy.

     "Ms. West," Scott greets with a nod of his head, not allowing any room for her to say anything back. It's rude, but the quicker they leave, the longer his break lasts, "Mom, I'm gonna go on break, if that's fine. Can Camille come with me?"

     He's also very straightforward.

     "Well, why don't you introduce this Camille to me and ask her mother for permission instead?" Scott's mom says with a roll of her green eyes, much similar to his.

     He sighs but does it anyway, not wanting to against his mother. Ever.

      "Mom, this is Camille. Camille, this is my mom, Meredith," he says, allowing the two of them to chat as he addresses Pamela, "and Ms. West, hi again, how are you?"

     "I'm doing well, Scott," she answers, a tiny smile blossoming on her pink-colored lips, "and you?"

     "I'm holding up," Scott replies, "Anyway, is it okay if Camille comes to the tattoo parlor with me?"

     Pamela raises her eyebrows in surprise, but Meredith just laughs, "Pam, it's okay. Everyone at the parlor are just sweethearts."

     "Okay," she sighs before directing her words to her daughter, "You better not come back with any tattoos."

     Scott holds back a scoff.

     "Thanks," he says with a slight smile to be polite before turning on the heels of his combat boots, "C'mon, Camille."

     When he looks back, he sees her waving at the two ladies before catching up to him. Then, together, the two of them exit Sweet Stems and enter the streets of New York. The streets are bustling with people, as usual. Most of them walk right by the two without any care, but a few of them greet Scott with an easy smile.

     "Is it far?" Camille asks, flattening her dress against the wind.

     "Nope," Scott replies, "It's walking distance."

     "Are you gonna get another tattoo?"

     "Nope," he repeats, "I'm just gonna hang out with friends. Oh, by the way, I should warn you about them."

     "Or you could warn them about me," she wittingly shoots back, "I'm a handful."

     He lets out a laugh, which accidentally slips out, "Of course."

     "So," Camille says, "What do I need to be warned about?"

     "Well, Pepper is a proud lesbian, so don't be surprised if she hits on you. Max gets really passionate about food and is super flirty with everyone," Scott exasperatedly says, remembering his first meeting with the Hispanic boy, "Diana is quiet, but once you get to know her, she's chaotic. Harvey is, well, Harvey. He's a complete joker and can't take things seriously."

     He has no idea why he said so many words at the same time. He's actually kind of nervous for this princess of a girl to meet his friends who tattoo people for fun and throw jabs that are sometimes offensive and come off too strongly. That's how Scott likes them. They're open and don't hold back. He isn't sure how Camille will react to them, but Scott hopes they don't scare her off.

     "Sounds like great friends," Camille comments as they cross the road.

     "They are," he agrees, dodging the everlasting string of walking people, "So, uh, tell me something about your friends?"

     What even.

     Camille tucks her hair behind her ear, but it just comes loose, which Scott doesn't mean to notice, "Well, there's Zee, who has this scary intelligence around her, and she's snarky and feisty. Asma is a person who claims that she hates everyone, but she's honestly a sweetheart, and she's very faith-conscious."

     "Cool," Scott says, not really sure what to say in response. He rubs the back of his neck, feeling his cold rings against his warm skin, "Oh, look. We're here."

     "Should I be nervous?" Camille asks, observing the parlor with great interest.

     Scott shrugs indifferently, "I guess we'll find out."

______________________________

AHHH, OKAY. I LOVE WRITING SCOTT SO MUCH.

I WAS GONNA TRY ALTERNATING BETWEEN CAMILLE AND SCOTT, BUT SCOTT IS SO MUCH MORE INTRIGUING TO WRITE TBH.

I HOPE ALL OF YOU ENJOY THIS STORY AS MUCH AS I AM!

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS!

BeSuReTo:

vote•comment•follow

--islandarc