Chapter 1-Static

// Italics are thoughts, Bold things are authers notes. Enjoy! //

Angrily, you pulled your suitcase out of the front door. Your step-Father shouted abuse at you from somewhere inside the house whilst your Mother stood by the door.
"It's your fault this family fell apart. Don't ever come back!" With that, she slammed the door in your face. You glared at the closed door and felt tears building up. Shaking your head, you hefted your backpack onto your shoulders and walked briskly away.

For almost four years now, the step-douche had been leeching beer and money from your Mother. You couldn't remember how many times he'd hit you...or hit on you for that matter! You'd finally plucked up enough courage to leave. Sure, you could've left two years before on your eighteenth birthday but the world was a scary place. You hadn't felt ready. Then He had snapped and threw a beer bottle at you. And you left.

Shaking your head to try and rid your mind of the memory, you sighed. You didn't have nearly enough money to buy an apartment.
"I'll just stay with a friend until I have enough." You thought, feeling slightly better "It's pretty late though...I'll just stay at a B&B tonight." Now smiling to yourself, you hurriedly made your way to the 'King's Oak', the local B&B. Within the next half hour, you had a room, a full stomach and were watching one of your favourite youtubers. Jacksepticeye. However, halfway through one video, the screen started glitching and the distorted sound of Jack's voice and whole bunch of static came through your earphones.
"The fuck? No way it's broken!" You hit the side of the screen and everything went back to normal.
"That was...weird." You said aloud. Shrugging it off as a simple glitch, you continued watching the video.

-time skip-

"10 pm already?!" You yawned as you read the clock on your laptop. Slowly setting it down, not bothering to turn off the power, you flopped onto the bed and fell asleep immediately. What you didn't notice was the static coming from your laptop.
Or how the lid flew open.
Or the figure climbing out from the screen.
And you definitely didn't notice the two green eyes staring at you from the darkness.

So this is the first fanfic I've ever written so please excuse any mistakes. I'm still learning. Also, if you have any advice, I'd love to hear. Feedback is also greatly appriciated. Thanks for reading, I'll see all you guys in the next chapter. Bye!