"I can help you, if you want."

"Help? The only help you have given us is, hmm, let me think: none." my brother barged in. 

"What do you mean 'help?'" I asked, ignoring his bitchy remarks.

"Do you need me to take you to your parent's house? I think they'd want you to come back, they probaby miss you a lot." Liam talked to me like I was seven or something. 

I'm sixteen. 

I'm just an adult in a teenager's body is what I like to think.

"Uh, no, that won't be needed, but thank you for the offer."

"You sure? I am sure your parents love you very much and want you back home." he stated, choking up a little.

"Are you ok?"

Funny how I was the one asking him that.

"Yeah, yeah, just something caught in my eye is all." 

Sure.

"Fine, if you don't want me to take you home then do you need me to take you to the police station? To a grandparent's house?"

"No, we're fine--Ali, c'mon, we're leaving."

"No! Wait. Don't go."

Nick bore daggers at Liam.

"We can do whatever the hell we want for your information mister."

"I'm not leaving you two alone out here. It's a bad neighborhood. Especially at night."

"We don't care."

"I can-I can" Liam looked like he was scrambling for something to say that would keep us from leaving. "How about I bring you back to my hotel and we'll figure it out from there, hm? We can order room serivce or whatever you want."

"We were told not to talk to strangers, which we have already done, and also we were told never to get into a stranger's car." 

"I'm not a stranger, I'm Liam."

Nick laughed.

"Yeah, because that makes us feel sooo much better."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Leave us alone."

"Besides that."

"Food does sound nice." I spoke up, tracing figures in the dirt.

Liam lit up, happy that I finally said something.

"You want food? When was the last time you ate? The hotel I'm staying at has amazing-"

"This is the last freaking time I tell you, dude, but we are not going to your hotel!"

"What if...what if we walk? Then would you go with me? Please, I can't leave you two out here at night."

"Walking seems fine." 

"Ali! Don't give in, for all you know he could kidnap us when we get there!"

"Fine. You want my phone? Would that make you feel better? Here, I'll but 999 on speeddial or whatever."

"999?"

"Yeah. The police-oh. Shit. What's the police number here?"

"911."

"Oh, right. If you don't already know, I'm not from around here."

"Really? Oh wow" Nick faked surprise. 

"Ha ha" Liam replied, waving him off.

"Can I hold the phone?" I asked, still a little nervous around him.