1

He's always loved the beach. Calum's entire childhood was practically spent covered in salty water and sand but, to him, it was one of the best feelings. There was something about the sound of the waves that could send him into a daze for hours and just the pure serenity of it had become an escape from his hellish life.

Just like Calum's been doing everyday after school for half of his life, he timely trudged to the beach. There was never anybody there and he's never known why. Maybe it was because it was so secluded that nobody knew about it but, either way, he wasn't complaining.

He finally arrived to his happy place and made his way over the hilly sand to his usual spot near a natural pool that somehow formed inside a huge stone hole. A cliff sloped over the pool, casting a giant shadow over Calum like a thick tree covered in snow and it amazed him how it doesn't just crumble into pieces on top of him as he plopped down on the damp stone ground.

This place had always been somewhere that he went when he was happy and wanted to celebrate but lately, it's been where Calum had been doing a lot of crying. He would never cry in from of them so he does it there. He hadn't felt that shitty in weeks.

He didn't understand why they didn't like him. He tried so hard to be like the people his age and it still wasn't good enough; they'd still throw him to the floor and kick him until he had no desire to feel pain anymore. None of them knew what they did to him and it never stopped. All he wanted was a friend. Just one and it would be enough but he was beginning to think it would never happen.

That's why Calum wished so often that he could die. He wanted everything to end and he wanted to be nothing forever because he would rather be nothing than feel like he's nothing while alive. That's acceptable enough, isn't it? It's no big deal, we all die eventually, he just wanted to speed up the process. He decided life  wasn't for him and it didn't seem to him like anyone would really care if he disappeared anyway.

Tears spilled out of his eyes as he tugged at his hair. He wanted to scream but he didn't want to risk anyone finding him so, like he always did, he pulled his notebook out of his back pack and began writing down all the nothings swarming around in his head like a billion hungry wasps. His hand rapidly scribbled things down on the page while his tears landed on the ink covered paper. Frustratedly, he ripped the page out of the notebook and tossed it somewhere.

With a sigh, Calum shoved his notebook back in his book bag and started leaving to head back home. Just as his feet were about to meet sand as compared to the stone he had just been sitting on, he heard a dip from the pool. He snapped his head back to see nothing but a ripple cascaded along the surface.

He thought it must've just been a fish.

-•-•-
this is gonna be cute :)

-cee