Chapter 30 - oh god

Start from the beginning

I stopped halfway to the door, and grabbed her cheeks kissing her fully on the lips. The shocks couldn't be more sensationable. Resisting those sweet lips is seriously hard, and all I could do was attack them. Her kisses made my scars heal. The way our lips moved together, as our heads tilted in passion, deepening the kiss made my heart jump in joy.

I never cared about having Ross and Hailey in the same room, all I could do was concentrate on her kisses.

I pulled away, pecking her jawline a few times making her smile. "You're beautiful, Ruby."

"You said that twice," she giggled making me blush. Just then, an awe echoed through the room causing our heads to whip to the source.

Hailey had her hand interlocked with Ross's as they both looked at us, standing side to side a smile plastered on their faces.

She concentrated back on me, seizing my chin in her petit hands, making my eyes meet hers.

That's where we start.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
I opened the car door, linking her hand with my arm as we stood in front of the luxurious decored restaurant.

Ruby brushed her chiffon dress softly, before her blue crystal eyes landed on the entrance. "That looks so beautiful."

I walked her off to the door, as our bodies immediately calmed down to the warm, romantic atmosphere. It was all surrounded by deep brown colored, wooden like walls. The lightning was a soft golden haze above each table, and scented candles rested on each one to complete the look.

"A table for two under the name Lynch, please?" I called our to the receptionist as she looked through the reservations book. Her eyes darted until they reached a certain spot on the long page, placing a tick with the golden coated pen.

"Please, follow me," she said as Ruby and I walked off a few feet behind her.

We sat down next to the wood carved framed window, looking at the breathtaking view.

We weren't sat exactly opposite of each other, our chairs were diagonally settled, each pointing towards the window.

Ruby had her clutch on the table cloth, next to the candle stand. "This place looks so elegant," she spoke softly, staring at the window.

"I'm glad you like it, precious," I grabbed her hand, making her dimples shine.

She just looked into me, both her hands under her chin. I mimicked her actions, staring into her blue eyes.

"So...." she said trying to break the ice. "How has your day been?"

"Great. You know, just the normal stuff."

This was never normal.

It was like we had no topic to talk about, no situation to tell, no words to speak. Awkwardness was arriving in a bad way, and it was not good. We were never awkward around each other, really.

She was trying her best to open a chat, a topic, anything. But nothing seemed to work.

"Hello, I'll be your waiter for tonight , what may I get you? " a waiter broke our staring fit, eyeing Ruby's body deeply. His eyes were basically burning into her skin.

"Uh, eyes up here," I called out, clearly annoyed at how irritating that was.

He just smirked, opening the notepad to start writing.

Pathetic.

He took our orders before placing the pen in his pocket, winking at Ruby as he left. I'd rather be choking the fuck out of him, than have a calm talk.