"I'll kill both of you.." She said, walked over to them, and whacked both of them. I saw Marq chuckle, I'd never even seen him smile before. I wasn't exactly comfortable, but, I didn't run. I walked to all the food on the island and put some on a plate.

I hurried to mine and Neka's room to eat. Not coming out here for a while. I thought as I shut the door and began to eat. I just sat in my bed for the rest of the day and watched TV. Neka came up later, Marq with her. "Wanna play video games with us?" They said in unison and both tinted red and smiled.

I shook my head. "I think I'll go outside and walk around a bit." I said and went out to the garden. There was a large pool in the middle. I never learned how to swim, courtesy of Master Dren. The time was right to learn. It was summer after all. Maybe Neka could teach me.

I walked around a bit and went back inside. Alpha Mirabella was busy in the kitchen with dinner. I decided to give her a hand. "So, I was thinking 'Mirabella, it's been so long since you took Neka shopping, and Ruby needs clothes, so why not take them shopping tomorrow?'. What do you think?" She said to me.

"Sounds good." I replied softly. "Great! I'll go tell my mate." She squealed like a teen-aged girl and ran off. I laughed slightly and continued to work. A pair of hands suddenly snaked their way around me and slid up and down my torso. "You smell good." A voice whispered; Conner. I wriggled to try to get away from him but it didn't work.

He kissed his way up my neck and nibbled my earlobe. "Please, stop." I whispered. "I won't hurt you. I just wanna love you." He said as he inhaled my scent. I was so scared, I was on the verge of tears. "Conner! What the heck do you think you're doing?!" A feminine voice yelled. I recognized it as Neka.

Conner was suddenly ripped off me. I turned to see Marq had him pinned down. "Th-Thanks, Marq." I said hoarsely before running up to a random room and locking myself inside. To my relief, it was empty. I sat on the bed and let my tears fall.

There was suddenly a knock on the door. "Ruby? You in there?" Neka's voice. "No!" I called back. "Ruby." She complained and I heard her pick the lock. She came in and wrapped me in a hug. "It's OK. Guys are just stupid." She said.

"Hey!" Said and offended voice from the doorway. We looked up to see Marq. "Except you, Marq." She smiled and rolled her eyes. "Whelp, this is my room, so I will sit on the floor and read.." He grabbed a book from his endless piles of books and sat on the wood floor and began reading.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll leave." I said and left to the garden. I had a feeling I was going to be spending a lot of time there. I laid on one of the chairs and stared up at the sky now filled with stars. They were so pretty, I barely got to see them when I lived with Master Dren. Neka came out later and sat on the ground by me. "Hi." She said.

"Hey. What is it?" I asked. "Marq is reading and I am bored." She said. "Oh, well, you won't be entertained by me unless you like looking at stars." I told her. "I used to dream of going to the moon to be away from my uncle..." She said softly.

"Why just stop there? You could go as far as you want. You just need to stop worrying, fearing, and cowaring from the world. Do that, you won't get anywhere in life. The stars go as far as they like without stopping just because of obstacles. They extent to the ends of the universe." I said, thinking I sounded so cheesy. "Then why are you scared of the boys? "She asked, a little bit of annoyance in her voice. She had her ears flattened.

"Cause, I sound so cheesy and I don't take my own advice. Not sure why, though. Jake isn't all that bad. Max is a pervert. Marq has you so I'm not petrified to be with him. And Conner.....I have a seriously strong feeling that he will take whatever chance he gets to mate with me. Whether I want to or not." I replied. "I told you, I'll kill them if they touch you." She told me.