Chapter 22 - Shallow Grave.

Start from the beginning

"No more casserole, huh cottage cheese?" Oscar smiled. "I'll start calling you cherry bottoms now."

And they were right. It was the fatty food that she was taking in. Yasmine now knew what she could do on earth to make her body look nice and full instead of scrawny and skinny.

Meanwhile, Trayvon woke up to complete darkness like he always did when Jesus punished him. When he stood up, he seen a light that was leading to the downstairs area. Trayvon followed the light and walked into the larger area, realizing that he was in one place.

His home.

Trayvon froze as he glanced at his mother doing paperwork on her dining room table. Tears flooded his eyes and his mouth remained a little open as he looked around the home he hadn't stepped foot in in a year and a half. His pictures were still inside of the home, his couch and TV remained in the same spot, and his mother remained her normal self. Calm.

When he stepped closer to his mother, he could see that she was signing her name onto papers and letters that people sent to her. She was heavily exhausted. Sybrina's eyes were puffy and dry from crying out of stress, weary, and exhaustion as a whole. So instead, Sybrina decided to call it a night and make her way upstairs, calling it a day.

"Ma?" Trayvon said, calling out to her as she walked up the stairs.

Of course, Sybrina couldn't hear him. Trayvon sighed and turned on the kitchen light 10 minutes after she closed her bedroom door. To help Sybrina, he decided to open her mails and forge her signature like he would do on certain things in school. One thing that was eating him alive, was the fact that he couldn't help his mother out with things like he normally did.

But what Trayvon had that Benji didn't, was a vivid memory of his family and relatives. Benji has been in heaven for almost 30 years. Trayvon has only spent a year and a half up above.

Like Trayvon, Benji woke up somewhere else that wasn't in heaven. When his eyes blinked open, he seen someone getting ready inside of a dimly lit room. It was a man who looked like he was in his late 20's or early 30's, placing on a small tee with some loose shorts. Being that Benji was a ghost, he didn't know what was going on. Also, he didn't know who the man was.

"Where........where am I?" Benji said, rubbing his head as he lifted up out of the bed.

"Thousand dollar pair of shoes, and UOENO it!" The man chanted, bobbing his head as he looked throughout his closet. "Got a half a million dollar car, UNOENO it!"

"What the hell is that?" Benji asked him. "Is that an anthem or something?"

Being that the last time that Benji was alive was in 1984, everything on earth looked different. TVs, shoes, outfits, etc. He didn't even know that the man was singing a song, and since he was a ghost, he figured that the man was ignoring him.

"Hellooooo?" Benji said in a "why are you ignoring me" tone, standing up. "Who are you, sir?"

The man didn't answer him. Seconds later, the doorbell to the mans house rang.

"Here I come, ma!" The man said as he fixed his tee and jogged down the stairs.

Benji started to follow the man, until he didn't see his reflection come through or across the man's mirror. He glanced at it in a weird way because he could see himself, but nobody else could.

"I'm a......ghost?" Benji said in a confused tone.

"Why do you and your father keep on dragging out to this hot ol' court, boy?" The woman snarled from downstairs. "Can't you tell that mama's sweating out here?"