27: Until I Met You

Start from the beginning

Looking up from his phone, he nodded as he slipped it back into his pocket. “Yea, I just texted Cason and he said he was looking for you. I told him that I’m taking you home but, to come and meet Olivia here.”

“Oh,” I said guilty as I realized I was tearing Evan away from Olivia, “Are you gonna be okay here until he shows up?”

Olivia lifted her lips up in a small smile and nodded. “I’ll be fine, just go.” she said, pushing me with her words. “And I expect full details tomorrow – no if’s, and’s or but’s!”

Letting loose a laugh, I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a quick hug. “You’ll get them.” I said as I pulled back and the jitters started up again. “Now hurry up Evan, I don’t wanna be here when Cason gets here.”

In response, he just rolled his eyes before looking down at Olivia and giving her a kiss goodbye before whispering something in her ear that made her smile. Pulling back he pecked her lips once again, only succeeding in reminding me of the Ferris wheel kiss and spiking my antsy behaviour.

“Come on.” I pleaded, taking matters into my own hands as I latched onto Evan’s arm and started pulling him away as he laughed at my lack of patience.

“You know, you don’t look strong but man,” he said, rubbing his arm as we walked out to where his car was parked, “You could’ve applied a little less pressure.”

“Sorry.” I winced, looking apologetically at the small red ring on his forearm. “So,” I said, switching subjects and looking around the mass of parked cars. “Where’d you park?”

“Behind the candy shop so nobody would hit my car.”

Stopping mid stride, I turned to him confused. “Then why are we headed towards the parking lot?”

Evan simply shrugged but, I saw him withhold a smirk. “You’re the one that’s walking that way, I’m simply following you.”

“Come on.” I grumbled incredulously, turning and heading towards his car as he followed while letting loose a chuckle.

Five minutes later Evan was pulling out of the fair and I was sitting silently in the passenger seat as the radio played.

“So,” Evan said coolly, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel a couple of minutes later. The street, which was usually bare of cars, was now quite alive with people leaving the fair and coming to pick up their children. “Are you gonna tell me why you’re so hell-bent on avoiding Cason? You guys seemed fine less than an hour ago when I last saw you.”

Sighing, I rested my head back against my seat and glanced over at him. “If I don’t tell you, you’re just gonna call Cason as soon as you drop me off aren’t you?”

“You know me all too well cupcake.” he replied, sending me a smirk quickly before refocusing on the road ahead of him.

Crossing my arms as I mumbled my answer quietly, I was sure he hadn’t heard me as his expression didn’t change. When he looked at me curiously, my suspicions were confirmed. “You’re gonna have speak a little louder than that.”