Chapter Two

"What do you me? You know who I am?" I screamed at the man called Clay.

Jensen handed Clay a manila folder with papers sticking out of it. Clay opened it and started reading. "Martina Bruce. Age 23. You did two tours in Iraq by the time you were 22. Impressive. Transportation and heavy weps. Like Pooch. However it's your father we're interested in."

"My father? He's the head of the CIA. What'd he do?" I raised my eyebrows at Clay.

He closed the folder. "It's not what he's done. It's what he's going to do. Your father is planning on what we believe to be a complete takeover of the Central Intelligence Agency. With that kind of power, he could control the United States and do god knows what. Now, with your help, we can prevent him from doing that."

My first instinct was to say yes, to defend my country like I had done countless times already. But this was the man who raised me. However, as a soldier, I couldn't afford to waste time on sentimental thoughts to this.

"I'm in. Now untie me." I demanded. Clay nodded at Cougar who walked quickly yet cautiously. He undid the ropes fast and I was on my feet in no time.

"Now, what about my job?"

Clay nodded. "It's been taken care of." I didn't dare ask how.

"You need me for this operation, yes?"

They all nodded. Roque shrugged and I shot him a glare.

"Then if we're getting into the CIA headquarters, we're gonna need a few extra hands."

"That can be arranged." Clay replied with a nod.

"Oh no, Colonel. I'll take care of that. You just figure out how the hell you're going to get your men and mine into the CIA."

Clay nodded. Roque appeared angry and spoke. "Clay?! Are you really gonna trust this chick? I mean, Aisha almost got us blown to kingdom come!!"

I folded my arms. Clay ordered at his soldier. "Yes, and don't forget that you're still on this team after what happened in Buenos Aires!"

Jensen sniggered at the mention of the city in Argentina. Pooch smacked him roughly on the arm.

Whatever happened in Buenos Aires was clearly classified information. I wasn't going to ask. Obviously, also a touchy subject for Roque. I decided not to get on his bad side but I probably already was.

While Roque and Clay argued over Argentina, Aisha sighed deeply. She grabbed both men by their shirt collars, startling them.

"Gentlemen!! Let's focus on the topic at hand here!" She shook them both and aggressively let go. Roque grimaced. Clay brushed off his jacket.

"Miss Bruce." Clay started. "Have your men ready by next Friday. We'll see you then. I nodded. Clay motioned for his soldiers to follow him.

Cougar stepped up to Clay and whispered to him quickly. Clay nodded and spoke.

"Martina, in order to insure that you are who you say you are, Cougar will shadow you until we meet again. Till then ma'am." Clay saluted and left with the remainder of his men. I shrugged and returned the salute.

Cougar tipped his hat to his comrades wordlessly.

"Alright, cowboy. I guess you're stuck with me, huh? Let's go." I waved for him to follow me then stopped in my tracks.

"Y'know what? I have no idea where I'm going. You lead." Cougar smiled jokingly.

Cougar hitched his sniper up. "Sí señorita." He walked out, the clicking of his boots echoing throughout the dirty hallways.

"So, who are you going to bring in to help with the operation?" Cougar asked intently.

"Just some old friends of mine." I winked and smiled mischievously. I knew exactly who I was going to bring.