Chapter 1

"I'm so sick of this," I thought to myself as I was packing my bags for Tampa, "I'll finish getting ready after I eat."
Today I was going to another foster home. I have no clue what to expect. I mean, some people I've met are actually really nice... others, not so much. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I finished packing my bags and I headed downstairs. When I got down there, my current foster mom greeted me.
"Hurry up and eat they're gonna be here in an hour!" She screamed at me. I guess you know what kind of foster home I'm currently in.
"I'd appreciate it if you called me by my name which is Laurel if you care." I replied.
"Was that attitude I heard? I don't like smart asses. Don't get on my bad side." She said.
There's a good side?

I respected her orders so she wouldn't get even more frustrated and rushed upstairs. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and took my lounge clothes off. I then threw on a Panic! At the Disco tanktop, a pair of jean shorts, my black converse, and a black beanie. I went into the bathroom and did my makeup. I took my beanie off and gingerly brushed my long red velvet colored hair. I then put on just a touch of foundation, mascara, cherry red lipstick, a little bit of light pink blush, and eyeliner so that it made a wing-type shape. I put my beanie back on and headed to back to my bedroom.

I grabbed the last of my things that I needed to pack such as my laptop, phone, and a couple more outfits (all of which were gifts from the kind foster parents that I've had in the past.)
I brought my bags downstairs and put on my sunglasses. I put my ear buds in and listened to The Ballad of Mona Lisa by Panic! At the Disco. About a minute into the song, my ride came. I walked out the door with my bags and loaded them into the car without saying goodbye. I got into the back seat and took a nap since it was at least a good three hour drive from Boca Raton to Tampa.

We finally got there and I woke up to Lying is The Most Fun (etc.) playing. I got out of the car, thanked the driver, and knocked on the door to my new temporary home. The door swung open and the woman welcomed me in. She seemed kind and sweet and she showed me around the house.
"So where's my room?" I asked.
"Well let me show you." She replied happily.
She went up the stairs and showed me where my room was and I was satisfied. The room wasn't too too big but it was a little bit bigger than my room in the house before.
I unpacked everything and took a nap... Only that "nap" turned into sleeping the rest of the day. I woke up and it was daylight out again. I checked my phone and it was 8:00am.
My eyes widened and I rushed downstairs. I saw my new mom, Carmen, in the kitchen cooking breakfast.
"Carmen... How long did I sleep for?" I asked peculiarly.
"Well, you must've been tired because ever since you fell asleep yesterday afternoon, you slept the rest of the day. I came in to ask you if you wanted dinner but you were sleeping so I figured I'd let you be" She explained.
"Okay thanks I was just wondering" I responded.
She smiled and put my pancakes on my plate and I started eating. Carmen sat down across from me and then we heard a knock at the door. Carmen got up to answer it and it was some guy. They talked for a while and then she closed the door and he left.
"Laurel..." She said to me sadly.
"Yeah?" I replied sounding a bit worried.
"You're leaving tomorrow. You're getting adopted" she told me.
"She's joking. This isn't real. It might even be a dream." I said to myself.
I pinched myself just to make sure.
"Okay nope... this is real. This is happening!"
I was so excited yet scared. I've never been this happy before in my entire life... I'm finally going to have parents... Possibly siblings that actually are mine (not biologically but you see what I'm getting at.)

I must've sat there for a minute with these thoughts racing through my head because Carmen was snapping at me and saying my name. I woke up out of my trans and I ran upstairs.
"Where are you going?" asked Carmen.
"I'm packing!" I yelled back happily from my room.
I packed everything except for my makeup, my pajamas, an outfit, and everything that I needed for tomorrow morning before I leave. I flopped down on my bed and thought, "I'm finally going to have a real home."

The more and more I thought about it, the more and more excited I was getting. Seven years of constantly moving and being treated badly (most of the time) and now I am going to be surrounded by people who love me. I smiled to myself and laughed a little bit. Nothing could contain my happiness right now.

The day seemed to go by quicker than any other day I've had at a foster home. By the time I knew it, it was 5:30pm.
"Laurel! Dinner's ready!" Carmen shouted up to me.
"I'll be right down!" I shouted back as I ran down the steps.
Carmen and I ate our last meal together that night. I hadn't been there for long but I'm going to miss her. Carmen was probably one of the sweetest foster moms I've ever had. After dinner, we went and sat down for a while to talk.
"So what time am I leaving tomorrow?" I asked.
"The man said you were leaving at 8:30am because your flight leaves at 10:00am" she said.
"Whoa wait, I'm flying? I thought my new family was picking me up." I said confused.
"No... I was so overwhelmed when they told me you were being adopted that I forgot to give you your plane ticket. Here you go." She said as she handed me my ticket.
"Wow! I've never been on a plane before this is so exciting!" I exclaimed.
Carmen laughed and we talked for a while. At about 8:00pm, I went to my room. I was laying on my phone when I got a notification on Twitter from Brendon.
There's a surprise coming for you guys tomorrow! You'll just have to wait and see. Until then, try and guess!
I smiled and checked the time.
"11:30 already?" I thought.
I better get to bed so I can wake up tomorrow morning. I set my phone alarm for 7:00am so that I have time to wake up, eat, and get ready.

Before I knew it, I heard my alarm clock ringing. This is it. This morning, I'm getting adopted... for real.
===========================
First chapter! Woot woot! So I hope you liked it and leave a comment or a vote or something and I'm so grateful that you decided to read this story. I hope that you continue to read this. If not, thanks for giving this a chance guys. Love you!

♡Blitz♡