Sebastian had to break off he was laughing so hard.

"HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT HERMIT CRABS LIVED IN SEASHELLS? IT WAS MY FIRST TIME AT THE OCEAN! THE ONLY CRABS I KNEW ABOUT WERE THE MARTIAN-LOOKING RED ONES THAT WALK FUNNY!"

I covered my mouth with my hand to stifle a giggle. "W-What happened then?"

"Well the crab pinched him of course! Just latched itself right onto his ear. You should have seen the way he danced then!"

"SHUT UP! You're just trying to make me look bad in front of Iris so he'll like you better! JERK!"

I'm full-on laughing now. I just couldn't help it! Those two were so funny when they were together. You can only say things like that about the person you're closest to. God, it felt so good to laugh!

"I-I'm sorry, Alexander.. for laughing like this.. b-but.. Ha ha... I can totally picture it!"

"Yes, he's not the brightest person, is he, little one?"

"AW, COME ON! WHAT THE HELL?"

I couldn't stop laughing. I don't know how those two always somehow manage to make me feel better, but it was like they could read me like an instruction manual. To make laugh... do this! It wasn't fair! They had complete control over my emotions, and I wasn't scared of them one bit! How on earth did they get to know me so well, so quickly?

I calmed down and shook my head. It was so easy to feel good around them... Sebastian leaned over towards me and tilted his head to the side.

"It's been a while since you laughed like that. Are you starting to feel better, little one?"

"Hmm... I guess I feel lighter? I still feel a little sad, and it's scary being in a strange place. But I don't think I'll ever be unhappy here... with you two. I-I..."

Come on.. Just say it! You can do it, Iris.

"I.. I just wanted to say thank you!"

I CAN'T SAY IT!!!

"You're welcome, baby."

"Remember: if you ever need anything, just come to us, okay? We know it's hard now, but it'll get easier, you'll see."

"O-Okay."

I look down at my half eaten plate and realize with a surprise that I'm actually hungry now! I manage to finish off my food easily and even take some more, much to Sebastian's delight.

Once dinner was finished, I asked if I could help clean up. Sebastian told me I could carry the dishes to the sink, but that he and Alexander would clean them. I ended up packing away the left-overs, and sitting on the counter watching the brothers wash the dishes. Sebastian soaked and scrubbed, while Alexander dried.

"This is a big house. I'm surprised you guys don't have a dish washing machine..."

"We're the dish washing machines! Sebastian has all of these crazy house rules: no dish washers, no maids, no TV after 10:00. It's like living in rehab, or something!"

"Better than living in a frat house."

"Speak for yourself."

"I will. And anyway, we don't need all that stuff anyway. It's our house, we can clean it ourselves. And as for the TV thing, excuse me for wanting to read in peace!"

"You can go up to your room to read! Why do you have to take it out of my program time?"

"The living room has a nicer view of the water."