3/3

(Hey Shuzo, how are you? Me, I'm not fine... I'm not yet over you, you see... Are you over me?)

You never had any dreams since then... only nightmares. About him, them and you. But mostly of him.

Shuzo, how hopeless am I for you?

You drowned yourself more than you should with university works. You were fine during the days. You had your real friends (those who wouldn't just sleep with your boyfriend and get theirselves impregnated), and school to keep you busy.

The worst part however, was when the day ends, when the sun had set and darkness reigns. Every night, you would look up at the darkened sky, and wonder why the stars didn't seem to twinkle as much as they did before. Or maybe it was you who could no longer see them twinkle. Even the moon seemed to be just plain, scarred and... not beautiful. Unlike before, you couldn't see those craters as beautiful scars anymore.

Beautiful scars? You almost laughed. There's no such thing as beautiful scars.

-------------------

"They're gone," Chihiro said flatly.

"You're not lying?"

"How the hell would it benefit me if I lie to you?" he replied with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Well, that was nothing new, Chihiro had always seemed annoyed, irritated and everything else along those lines.

You peeked from his back and indeed, two of the most spiteful beings that walked on earth were no longer in sight. A sigh escaped your lips.

"It's been months," Chihiro said.

"..."

"You're not even taking a step forward," he sighed.

"I'm tryi--"

"And you still haven't moved even an inch?"

You looked down at your feet.

"A millimeter perhaps,"

"Doubtful, probably not even a nanometer,"

You groaned, "You're more annoying when you're right."

"And you couldn't be any more annoying than you already are,"

"Is what you say but you still bear with me," you replied playfully. You gave up on making a comeback. It would be unwise to go against the sass king Mayuzumi Chihiro after all. But as annoying and sarcastic as Chihiro was, still he was reliable.

"Don't get ahead of yourself," he replied flicking your forehead. You flinched upon the action... Not because he hurt you or anything (though it did hurt by the way) but because that forehead-flicking thingy reminded you of someone.