Chapter Two

Session 2.

Madison Rogers.

I glanced at my watch, rushing to the door. I was already 30 minutes late for work and I was having the worst day.

I walked in, wiping my shoes on the carpet. I quickly walked to the lobby, walking in. Everybody looked up, or what was left of the people.

Only Jack and his mother was sitting in the waiting chairs and my secretary was behind the desk.

"Mrs. Rogers, thank god! I was afraid something happened to you!" She got up quickly and scurried over to me. She took my coat from me and set it on the rack.

I looked at Jack, and he was just staring at me. His mother was also looking at me, but she actually seemed happy to see me.

"Is Jack up?" I asked, grabbing my log in sheet.

"Yes, his mother insisted on waiting for you." I smiled, setting the sheet down after signing it.

"Ready to go back Jack?" I asked him. He looked at me like I was stupid. I knew the answer, but I had to be nice.

"I'm going to do some errands, if that's okay?" Mrs. Gilinsky asked me. I smiled and nodded my head.

"Of course. Jack should be done in about an hour."

He huffed and got up. He's going to have to realize he's not getting out of the sessions by sitting there. 

I led him back to my office. I unlocked it and he walked in first before me.

When we were both seated, I grabbed my clipboard. Glancing over it, I remembered he didn't talk last time.

"Sorry for being late." I started. He shrugged, slumping down in his seat like last time.

"How have you been?" He shrugged again. I sighed, crossing my legs.

"You didn't want to come here today, did you?" He shook his head. I nodded slightly, thinking of another question.

"Why do you think you don't need to come here?"

He finally looked up at me. I looked back at him, trying to smile as normal as I could.

This kid was only a few years younger but it was still wrong. I'm 23, he's in his teens.

"My mom has no clue what's going on." He stated. Even his voice was attractive.

"And what, exactly, is going on?" I asked, happy I got him to speak.
"You wouldn't know either." He rolled his eyes.

"Well obviously, you haven't told me."

He raised his eyebrows, chuckling lightly.

"I have more stress than you can imagine." He explained.

"Where is the stress coming from?" I was getting more out than I planned for today. I didn't even expect him to speak this early.

"School, my parents, my family. Shit like that." He shook his head, looking everywhere but me.

"Start with school." I suggested.

He sighed in response. He knew he couldn't stop now; too much was already on the table.

"Highschool is just hard, man." He shook his head.

"First, I'm not a man. And what part of highschool is hard to you?"

"The classes. The grades. The expectations."

"So friends are not a concern to you?" I asked as I wrote his response down.