►▸ Oneshot 2 ◂◄

"Stay away from my girlfriend."

                    ✖✖✖

You never knew why they hated you right from the start. Pan had always told you to stay away from them. And you did. For a few months, you avoided the Mermaid Lagoon. But recently, you had started to think about them again. You thought that maybe they don't hate you as much anymore. And if they did, maybe you guys could talk about it. You just wanted to be friends with them.

After much contemplation you finally decided to go give the Mermaids a visit even if it meant disobeying Pan's direct orders. You felt good. You were sure that you and the mermaids could be friends.

Boy were you wrong. If only you had listen to Pan. You wouldn't be in this mess if you did.

A dozen of slimy frog-like hands were dragging you down, deeper into the water. It was nearly impossible to drown here since the water isn't that deep but the mermaids were pining you down and making sure that your head wasn't above the water.

"I'm so stupid," you thought. "'I'm sorry, Peter."

Your lungs were burning and you closed your eyes. You thought this was the end but before you completely ran out of air, you felt the iron grip of the mermaids loosen. Very familiar hands grabbed both of your arms and pulled you out of the water.

"I... I'm s-sorry..." you said but it was hard to speak. Pan held you close to his chest. You sniffled and silently cried on his shoulder. You were exhausted. From the lack of air or crying, you didn't know and you didn't care. All you cared about was the fact that Pan was there.

"It's okay. You're okay now," he cooed.

He hugged you tighter and planted a kiss on your head.

You heard Pan growl at the mermaids who were slowly retreating. "Stay away from my girlfriend. I told you right from the start to stay away from her. I will drive your species into extinction if I find you anywhere near her again," you heard Pan say before you passed out.