Chapter Five- Savior & Lunch & A Kiss?

Începe de la început

Convincing herself of where she stood with him, she sat on the stool that sat in front of the island. "You can cook?" She inquired.

"Yeah." He turned to look at her. "Surprised?"

"I'd be lying if I said no." He smirked and turned back to the pot on the stove. "Is that the sauce?"

"Yep." He turned around with a wooden spoon in his hand, holding a hand under it. He reached across the table and India rise up to meet the spoon with her mouth. She nearly moaned when the sauce settled on her tongue. He chuckled. "Is it good?"

"It's delicious!"

He laughed again. "It's a family recipe. My mom taught me to make it when I was younger. No matter how many times I make it for her she always says it's missing something. And until I put it in it won't be as good as hers." He turned around smiling and grabbed two plates from under the island. "She just doesn't want to admit that it's already better."

A lump formed in her throat while he was talking about his mother. She hadn't talked to hers since her trial. And it hadn't been a savory meeting. She had just come to apologize to her for not seeing she was sick and not being able to forgive her for what she had done. Her father hadn't even wanted to see her and they didn't wanted her little sister near her. Her mother had said they would pay for her to stay in the hospital but they were pulling their adoption forms. Meaning from that day on she was an orphan.

She didn't even have a mother and father. Not any she knew. Her parents had given her up for adoption when she was five and never looked back. She had only been living with The London's for two years before Melody came into the picture. The horrible things that girl did took everything away from India.

Thinking about it India felt a fivvy of emotions build in her. She was angry because she had been thrown in jail for a murderer. Sad because she would never see her family again. And hopeful because she was thinking maybe she would find her real parents. But that was replaced with greaves when she thought of all of the things that could have happened to them between then and now. And even if they were in good health,There's no way they would would want a crazy, schizophrenic, murderer for a daughter.

India hadn't even realized she had started crying until Brian was by her side. "Are you ok?" He asked. India looked at him to see genuine concern in his eyes.

Quickly wiping the tears she nodded. "I'm fine. It's just allergies I guess." Most horrible cliche lie ever. But he seemed to buy it.

Now he was concerned for a whole other reason. "I'm sorry. What are you allergic to?" He took a step back, removing his hands from her body. "Is it my cologne, I can go change."

She shook her head and laughed. "No, no you're fine. I've been smelling you all day and I've been fine."

For a moment he looked skeptical, but then to India's pleasure, he smiled. "Do you smell people often?" India laughed and so did he.

He made two plates and they ate and talked for the next hour and a half. After they were finished eating he pulled out a similar bottle of wine to the one he brought her earlier and they sat on the floor in the living room talking.

India nearly spit out her wine and covered her mouth. "You didn't what?"

Brian laughed and repeated himself. "I told her is she didn't like the report I did she could take it up with my lawyer. The lawyer being my father of course."

India laughed and this time the wine trickled down her chin. "I would've gotten authorities involved anyway."

Brian joined in he laughter. "What? Why?"

"Because how penguins "reproduce" is not school appropriate."

"But it had to do with the subject."

"It was world history."

"Penguins are historic." India laughed and Brian joined in. After a few minutes India shook her head and leaned back on the couch cushion. Which also happened to be Brian's forearm.

"Brian-Gilligan Thomas you are something else." He rolled his eyes at the use of his middle name and she giggled.

For a moment they just stared at each other and then her eyes flicked to his lips. His big moist lips. When she looked back to his eyes, he was looking at the her lips too. She subconsciously let her lips fall apart and her eyes fell back to his lips when his tongue made an appearance to moisten his lips.

He started to lean in and India surprisingly didn't stop him. Instead her hand flew to his chest. Before she could change her mind about not pushing him away, his lips were on hers.

It sent tingles and vibrations all throughout her body. Her toes curled and her hand gripped the fabric on his chest. Her other hand dropped the glass she was holding and her hand ended next to the one on his chest. The hand that was already there went into his hair and gripped the curly brown strands. His free arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. She was practically sitting in his lap with her legs draped across his leg.

After another few seconds he pulled away, leaving her lips tingling. Slowly opening her eyes he saw her staring at her intently. "Why did you react like that when my dad said he'd have to give you a background check?"

She looked his dead in the eyes still on a high from their kiss. "Because there are some things about me that would see anyone running." A tear fell from her eyes as she said, "That would send you running."

He leaned in and kissed her again. "There is nothing about you that could send me anywhere but closer to you," he said wiping her tears away. She smiled a sad smile and he continued. "But if it makes you feel any better I can convince my dad that he doesn't have to look into you." India perked up at that.

"You'd do that?"

He shrugged. "I trust you." He smiled. "I'd think he could too." She smiled and shook her head, taking her hands from his hair and chest. "What," he asked.

"I've had too much to drink." They both laughed and she found herself amazed at how comfortable he made her feel. What are you doing to me Brian?

Standing in the doorway, after cleaning herself up, India waited for Brian to reappear. She thought about their kiss from earlier and absent-mindedly touched her lips and smiled.

He came from the restroom and smiled when he saw her. "All clean." Getting to her, he handed her her shoes and she took them. When she had spilled her drink earlier, she wasn't the only one. He had dropped his glass too and some had gotten on her shoes and gotten them all sticky. "Sorry again about that."

Smiling she shook her head. "It's fine. I repaid the favor." She shot a look at the spot on the carpet where she had spilled her own drink.

Brian laughed. "Yeah you did." Then his smile turned seductive and he stepped closer to India. She shuddered and looked up at him. He was really tall. Her 5'3 was nothing to his 6'2. "In more ways than one." He leaned down and gave her another breathe taking kiss. Pulling away they both smiled.

She turned and pulled open the door. Before she walked out he said, "You sure you don't want me to walk you home?"

She turned and looked at him. "Actually I would love you too but I'm afraid if you did neither of us would ever leave."

He smiled seductively. "I don't have a problem with that."

She rolled her eyes but smiled. "See you at work Monday." She stepped out and he came to stand in the doorway. Before walking off she turned around and said, "Partner." He smiled a bright heart melting smile and she returned it. Turning toward the elevator she felt his eyes on her. "Like what you see?"

"Eh, I've seen better." India laughed but didn't turn around until she pressed her floor on the elevator.

"Goodnight neighbor."

"Goodnight India." Goodnight indeed. India stepped onto the elevator happier than could be. If she would have know what was waiting for her on Monday, she just might have let Brian come with her. Allowing herself to be really happy one last time before her world turned sour.