Chapter 12: Who is Alex?

Back to Zack's P.O.V

I woke up to my face being licked by Mileena. She jumped off my bed and sat next to my phone that was on the floor. It must've fallen last night, I don't know. I looked at my phone and saw I had 1 unread message. It's probably from Elizabeth or something.

Hey, can you meet me at the park? I wanna talk about us.

Of course it's Elizabeth! Why can't she understand that I hate her? She can't get that through her thick skull can she?

No! I have to fix what you broke yesterday! I replied

She responded with Babe! Please!

Stop calling me babe! I hate you! Leave me alone! I responded.

She didn't text me back after that. I just wanted to fix things with Coda. I can't stand the fact of her hating me or something like that. I just can't. After about 10 minutes of pacing back and forth, I called Coda. I heard the phone pick up but not the voice I wanted to hear.

"Hello?" Asked a deep raspy voice in a whisper on the other line.

"Hello? Whose this?" I asked.

"Alex, Coda's be- I mean I'm important to Coda."

I felt my heart sink after he said that.

"Are you the one that hurt my Coda?" He asked.

"S-something like that.."

"Listen, she's asleep right now so I'm talking for her. Leave her alone. You hurt her badly. When I came to see her she had tears running down her face" he said.

I felt my heart shatter and I felt guilty for not stopping Elizabeth.

"Oh my gosh..."

"I suggest you leave her alone, or you'll have to deal with me buddy"

I was starting to get angry,did this Alex guy jut threaten me? Oh hell no. He can't stop me from seeing Coda

"Fuck you.." I replied.

"Nah." He hung up after that.

I threw my phone across the room hitting the wall and falling to the floor again. Enna jumped and hid under my bed.

"I'm sorry Enna..I didn't mean to scare you" I said.

I kneeled down and tried to get her out from under my bed.

She purred when i started to rub her furry belly. Enna was so soft and sweet. She reminds me of Coda.

But I wanted to hold Coda. How would I get to Coda without that Alex guy? And who is Alex? What is he to her? All of these questions were running through my head.

I walked downstairs and grabbed a pack of cigarettes from the cupboard along with a lighter. I opened the backyard door and walked out. I lit the cigarette and started to smoke. It pissed me off that this Alex guy was with Coda. I don't usually get jealous but this time I was. I just wanted to fight Alex for threatening me.

I leaned against the wall next to the backyard door and smoked. It felt weird to smoke again. I haven't smoked since the day I met Coda. It was weird to be honest. Coda was kinda changing the way I saw things. Every time I see a girl or woman, I think of how beautiful and gentle they are. Before I used to think they were just things men use for sex. But Coda didn't make me think of that, she made me wanna be with her but not for sex. I just wanted to be with her, and hold her in my arms and keep her safe.

By the time I was done thinking, I had finished my cigarette. I went back inside and saw Enna sitting on the kitchen island that was between the kitchen and the dining room. She must've been hungry. I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and milk from the fridge. I poured the milk in the bowl and microwaved it for about 35 seconds. After it was warm enough, I set it down next to Enna and watched her drink it. She's still growing judging by how small she is. But gosh does she remind me of Coda. I'm going to see her...