Prologue

"Delivery for Diya Patel?"

Diya tried to contain her excitement as she signed the delivery form quickly.

"There you go." She handed the form back to the mail man who mumbled a thank you before heading down the stairs of the complex.

She shut the front door and all but ran to her room with the package in her hands.

She took a seat at her desk, finally opening the package. She smiled widely when she saw the wedding invitations she had designed for her best friend, Kiara.

They'd turned out exactly how she wanted them. She had worked really hard on them and she knew that Kiara would approve. They were all already in the envelopes. Now here was the hard part, sealing and then mailing the invitations out to all of the guests.

Kiara had given Diya a list of guests and you don't even want to know how many people she invited. She was planning to have this huge typical Bollywood movie wedding in Udaipur.

Diya grabbed the first invitation along with her calligraphy pen. The list of names was in alphabetical order by last name and each name was accompanied by an address. It took her a few hours to get through most of the names and she was now on the M's. 

Zayn Malik

Kiara and he had been best friends long before Diya joined the picture. There was three of them. Kiara, Jai, and Zayn. And they were inseparable.

All four of them went to school together but those three were known to be the troublemakers. Then there was her. The shy and freakishly smart girl with glasses. She didn't talk much and was awful at making friends. In fact, she didn't have any friends at all. Just people who pretended to be friends with her because they wanted help with homework.

All Diya ever did was studying. That's just who she was and what she was known for. She was known for having the highest grade in our class. Not much had changed since then. Now she was studying medicine and she spent all of her time with her head stuck in a book. She didn't have much time for anything else. She did what she did to make her parents proud. That was it.

She got out of her seat and walked over to her bookcase. Finding what she was looking for, she pulled her yearbook out.

She took a seat on the floor and crossed her legs. She then began to flip through the yearbook and she landed on her younger self who had square framed glasses taking up most of her face. Next was Kiara. The photographer had caught her off guard and she looked like she was about to kill someone in her picture. Diya couldn't help smiling. She flipped through the pages, landing on Jai who was grinning. If there was one thing Diya loved about Jai it was that he could always make you laugh.

And last but not least, there was Zayn. He had his signature smirk on his face, his hair in his usual up-do. His golden-brown eyes full of mischief. He never really cared about his grades or what others thought about him. He was cocky and confident but at the same time, he was something that she would never be.

He was passionate.

With a sigh, Diya closed the yearbook and memories began to flood her mind. It's strange how the smallest things can trigger your memories. She could almost hear the echoes of laughter and the cool breeze of the mountains.

 She could almost hear the echoes of laughter and the cool breeze of the mountains

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

~~~

New story idea based off of the bollywood movie 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'. The credit for the idea of this story goes to the rightful owners of the movie. I changed the names of the characters to make this more original.

The trailer is not in english but if you wanna check it out, it's at the top :)

First few chapters will be flashbacks and will be taking place in the past.

The love of my life aka Beautiful1DLads will be forced to help me out with this story lol. I really hope you guys enjoy it.

Efrah x