"But he said... He told me to leave.. He said he was.." Newt looked defeated.

Minho just rolled his eyes. "You slinthead. Well you got what we came for, let's just go back so Thomas can get some help, and you're clearly not thinking straight but we can talk later."

Newt felt the urge to hit him bubbling up, but he pushed the feelings down and just turned back towards the WICKED complex, opening the door so Minho could carry Thomas inside.

The door swung shut behind them and engulfed the boys in darkness, the sound of a spray being released and Minho began to cough, but he couldn't smell anything. "What on earth is that?" He asked, but Newt didn't answer, he was clutching to his head and hissing through his teeth.

He banged his fist against the wall, taking in deep breaths. He just felt so angry. He wanted to rip at Minho's skin, yell at him to shut up even though he wasn't speaking, he wanted to attack. With a yell, Newt collapsed at Minho's feet, unconscious.

~*~

Thomas was given his tablets again and plenty of rest. WICKED acted shocked to see him in such a state, but Minho didn't trust any of them, especially when they took Newt away from him without a single word and he hadn't seen him since.

After a couple days not being allowed out the infirmary, Thomas got up to walk around, watching others still surviving out in the scorch through computer monitors. He knew exactly where Newt was once he was told what happened, he knew how angry he would be with him, because Thomas knew the truth and he'd kept it a secret from him.

Minho was worried sick, told Newt was in a room all by himself and he wasn't allowed out, and nobody was technically allowed in. When Minho finally found Thomas roaming the corridors, faking a smile at him, Minho grabbed his arm. "Why are you avoiding Newt? He was so worried about you, he doesn't know you're up, and yet here you are perfectly fine wandering around the place watching my friends die!"

"He's going to hate me if I see him; and everyone is fine, only four people have actually been eaten."

Minho looked offended at how lightly he made it sound. "Thanks for the reassurance." Thomas rolled his eyes; what had gotten into him? "Go. You know fully well where Newt is, don't leave him any longer. Alone. Nobody to talk to. Afraid."

"Okay, I'm going!"

Thomas pulled his arm back and turned round, going back the way he came and beyond to where Newt was being held. The darkness WICKED kept mentioning was a sickness that covered the earth, killing well over half the population, infecting those not immune and dooming them to a slow and painful death; unless they found a cure, which WICKED were in the process of hopefully making. Newt, was infected.

Everything the groups had been collected contributed to the cure, which WICKED were almost certain would work and they knew how to make it; but supplies were short and there wasn't a lot they could do about it. That's why some groups were still out there, finding the harder to get ingredients, that were actually in the scorch rather than potted neatly to be picked up and carried. With Thomas so vital to WICKED, his group automatically got the easiest job, and if Minho hadn't carried him back then WICKED would have picked him up. It was explained to him that it was a test of his friends, and Newt's mental state, and he failed the test.

Newt's room. A door in the middle of a wall. Inside were no windows, just white walls, a desk with a chair, and a toilet with a sink in the corner that had a curtain to give him at least a little bit of privacy. "What do you think you're doing?" A woman asked, seeing Thomas reach for the door handle. "Nobody is allowed in."

"I'm seeing Newt." Thomas answered, slightly hoping she'd try to stop him.

"U-uh that's not suggestable.. Even for you Thomas, the darkness is developing and it's made him unstable." Okay, now Thomas really wanted to see him but really didn't want to at the same time.