chapter four

•Serene's Pov•
I have a party to go to with Raya. It's at some nightclub and I really don't want to go. I left New Jersey without saying goodbye, so I owe it to Raya to go to this party.

I checked my phone and it was 7:30 the party started at 8:45. I hopped in the shower and washed my hair. After I got out, I blow dried my hair, then curled it lightly. I tied it half up and half down. Then, I did my makeup. I put a little bit more on than usual, mascara, eyeshadow, blush, concealer, lipstick, and a little eyeliner. Then I put my outfit on, because this party was on the fancier side.

When I was finished getting ready, it was already 8:45

When I was finished getting ready, it was already 8:45. I guess we were just going to be fashionably late.

A few minutes later, Raya called and said she was outside. I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs.

"Hey Ray" I said and I weakly smiled.

"Hey S, have you been crying?" She asked worried.

"What? No!" I replied quickly.

"Um ok, let's go." She said.

We walked to her car, it was a really nice Porsche SUV. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the location.

We got out of the car, and walked towards the building. It smelled purely of alcohol, and drugs. I walked in, and it didn't take long for me and Raya to be separated and for me to get drunk.

A little too many shots later, I was dancing by myself, just enjoying myself. I felt no feeling at all. No sadness, but no happiness either.

As I was spinning around, I noticed a lonely boy sitting on a couch by himself. As I walked towards him, I realized it was Ethan.

I tried to walk away, but it was too late, he already saw me.

"Serene...you're you're back." He said stuttering.

"Yeah I am, and I still think sloths live in your backyard." I said kinda falling over.

"Oh god, you're drunk." He realized.

"Me? Drunk? Never." I said laughing.

"If I don't get you out of here, God knows what you would wake up doing." He chuckled to himself.

He picked me up and I let him. I buried my face into his neck. He put me in his car, and went on the other side and got in.

"Ethan, can I tell you something?"  I said almost falling asleep.

"Anything." He smiled.

"I still love you." I admitted.

And with that, I fell asleep.

•Ethan's Pov•
I knew she was back!  I have never been so happy to see her before.  I owe her so many explanations.

When I saw her drunk, I would never be able to forgive myself if I left her and something happened.  She gets herself into trouble without even realizing it. 

Before she fell asleep in the car, she told me she still loved me.  I never stopped.  I still love her with all of my heart, but when she wakes up in the morning, I'm not sure she will feel the same way.

I texted her mom from her phone telling her she was sleeping over at Raya's.  I then texted Raya that she made it home safely.

We made it to my house, and I picked her up and walked her into the house.  As I was walking up the stairs, I ran into Grayson, Kayden, and Jake.  Great.

"Whoa, who's that?"  Jake said.

I turned her around.

"oh it's just Serene-WAIT YOU KIDNAPPED SERENE" Kayden screamed.

"ETHAN WHAT THE HELL MAN?! YOU DIDNT EVEN KNOW SHE WAS BACK!" Gray yelled.

"Shh guys, you're gonna wake her up." I said. "You guys, I saw her at the party, and she was really really drunk. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to her." I explained.

"Ethan, you broke this girl's heart, you don't deserve to forgive yourself. Just get her in bed, and we'll figure something out in the morning." Grayson said seriously.

I walked to my room, and laid her on my bed. I put my hoodie on her, and let her fall asleep. I went into my bathroom, and started crying my eyes out. I broke her heart. I didn't even try. I just tried to move on, but I couldn't and now I'm stuck. I don't love my girlfriend, I love Serene.

I washed up, put my sweats and tshirt on and walked back into the room. She was fast asleep, she looked so peaceful. I grabbed a blanket and a pillow so that I could sleep on the couch, I don't think she would want to wake up next to me.

As I opened the door, I heard Serene's soft voice.

"Ethan?" She croaked.

"Yeah?" I immediately answered.

"Will you stay with me?" She asked.

"Ok." I replied.

I walked towards the bed and got in next to her. She cuddled herself up against me.

"Serene?" I said.

"Yeah, Ethan?" She replied looking up.

"I still love you too." I replied kissing her forehead.

I could feel her smile into my chest.

What if she wakes up and regrets everything that happened tonight? If she did I wouldn't be surprised. I don't deserve her...

A/N do you guys want them back together?