|Chapter 1|

It was a bright Sunday morning and light snowfall had just begun in New York . The city looked absolutely mesmerizing with a sheet of white enhancing the beauty it already beheld. It was a routine morning for everyone except for a girl somewhere in the heart of New York who just rushed through her veranda to witness the snowfall, a scene she absolutely cherished. She stuck out her hand and had a serene look on her face as the tiny snowflakes touched upon her hand and she twirled and jumped like an excited little kid as she ran into the garden to feel the snow falling on her face too. Her aunt who happened to notice that she was up so early, which wasn't usual owing to the fact that she was on her vacation , called out to her and asked her to come back in since she might fall sick and had a journey later that night.

Aunt: "Nandu beta, ab bas bhi kro..sardi hojayegi...agar bimar pad gayi tho ? "

Nandini Murthy was a young, free spirited , bubbly girl who was a brilliant student and was passionate about Science. She was a very strong girl who was filled with values and was very kind hearted as a person. Her smile was to die for and it could make even the saddest of sad cheer up.She had unfortunately lost her parents as a child in a car accident and since then she and her brother were looked after by her chacha and chachi ( her father's own brother and his wife who did not have kids of their own) and had made sure to provide Nandini and her younger brother Rishabh with all the best of facilities since they were rich enough to give them the life they desired for. Nandini and Rishabh used to visit their Mausi(aunt, who was their mother's own younger sister) who lived in New York every summer since the age of 14. Rishabh had only started accompanying her since last two years. This year for the first time she had to fly all alone without her chacha since he had an important business tour to California and Rishabh could not make it due to his bad health and Nandini had to fly down alone since this trip was especially an important one. Nandini had just completed her 1st year in the most renowned college in Bangalore for Science and had won a scolarship for free training program to New York which kept her busy throughout her stay at New York.

Nandu: "Han Mausi , bas thodi der or..aap toh jante ho na aaj mera last din hai .." she made her trademark puppy face which made her aunt melt . Nandini's Aunt knew that Nandini is always in a nostalgic and emotional bent of mind on the last day of her trip which also made the rest in the house emotional and hence she gets a special liberty on that day , which her aunt did not want to take away from her. After spending a good half an hour , when she was beginning to feel freezing cold in her jumpers , she decided to head back indoors , in the warmth where her favorite Hot chocolate lay on her table side.

She glanced through the house with a rather sad face and her aunt placed her hand on her shoulder and asked her to start off with her packing.Nandu started placing her clothes,accessories,books, her favorite appa's pen and other essentials into her suitcase and when she was sure of her luggage being packed without anything being left out , she went down for lunch as it was already past 1 pm in the afternoon. After a delicious lunch comprising of all Nandu's favorite delicacies , she spent the rest of her day with her cousins Rhea and Aditya and went for some last minute shopping when she realised it was 8:00 pm . She rushed back home and started getting ready for leaving to the Airport. Her Uncle was waiting to escort her to the airport and had already placed her luggage in the car. She finally held herself together and with one last glance at her room, the house on the whole, and with teary goodbye to her aunt and her cousins she finally left for the airport.The journey was quite long and all through the car ride she kept remembering all the amazing moments she had spent throughout her vacation and inspite of her uncle trying to cheer her up , she remained dull and unhappy since they were the closest family she had.

After a long ride that seemed endless , they finally reached and headed towards the International Departures wing in the Aiport. Nandini's Uncle gave her a hug and a light peck on her forehead and gave her some last minute instructions and finally waved her goodbye. Nandini, who was travelling alone for the second time now, was again feeling a little scared and nervous and just wanted the journey to end as soon as possible. She pushed her trolley containing her luggage forward with some difficulty since she was a very thin framed, fragile person. After she secured her boarding pass and completed all the formalities required, she ,trying not to seem nervous, went and bought herself a sandwich and a coffee and made herself seated on a bench and glanced at the electronic board which displayed the details and time of departure of her flight. She slowly pulled out her favorite book and started reading since she had good 4 hours in hand before her flight takes off and as she read , she fell asleep , escaping away into her sweet little dream world, not knowing what was awaiting her ahead of that minute.

Far from where she was fast asleep , there was someone else who was in the same airport, waiting to board the same flight as Nandini Murthy and was totally unaware of her very existence , not knowing that from that point onwards their life will take a new turn filled with unexpected surprises . This stranger who looked very cool and dashing by his appearance and seemed to belong to an effluent family, was seated in a lounge all by himself , with his love, his guitar , in his hand as he thought music to be his best company .On his guitar case were imprinted the letters "MM" in bold which was his name, as attractive as his personality, Manik Malhotra. Hence in this very airport there were two people lost in their own sweet world who had the least knowledge of what was coming their way next .

Hello people :) so this is my very first attempt to write Fan Fiction and i will try my best to build it up in the best way possible :) please drop in your comments and reviews for the first chapter..this chapter did not have anything major..it was just a small introductory chapter more like a prologue :) looking forward to your comments and views. Thank You :)