"Hey, we booked online for room 192." I commented. Trying to shift the tiredness from my eyes. Ib sat on the suitcases once he'd reached the desk.

"Ok..." the receptionist touch tapped into his computer.
"...That room's all ready."
"Could I see the printed receipt." The robust man behind the counter replied.

"Sure." I held up a flimsy sheet before he swiped it from my hands. After carefully analyzing the paper, he swivels to grab one of the keys among well over 400 behind him. All finely polished, glistening, as if not reactive metals.

"Your stay includes two daily meals prepared by the hotel bistro and, hotel service." I take the keys from his hands.

"Yep." I linger, me and Ib walk to the lift, admiring the interior design.

***

"Jermaine, wake up!"

My eyelids flutter open to the human alarm. The room had a slight tinge of yellow in colour, and light intensity was constricted by the small square windows. I swear I had the best dream, shawty was-

"Jermaine!"

"Huh?" My voice was all raspy. It took me some time to shake away the sleep.
Man that was good..

"We might aswell get a bite to eat, room service will be here any moment." Ib chanted.
I had noticed he'd had time to set up the Xbox to the hotel tv. This guy was actually crazy. Looking at my watch I noticed it was already 6.00pm, I really slept the day away.
I bounced up from the bed and went to wash my face in the bathroom sink.

"Yeah, I got a good restaurant to go" Man.
I really needed my beard trimmed.

"bet." Ibriham chuckled. He had popped up next to me in the mirror and began pulling faces. I rolled my eyes, bashfully swivelling round to the door. One switch, and the Xbox was off.

"Hey! I hadn't finished playing that shit"
Ib frowned.

"Damn, sorry bro." I smirked to the walls.

When we exited, a small chubby cleaner was waiting outside our door with a timid smile.

"Sorry ma'am." I shuffled out of the way for her before Ib skipped forward to the foyer.

The car journey was peaceful. I got to really see Charlotte in the dark, and the scene was beautiful.
Ib cranked up the radio.

"If I tell you..
if I tell you now.
Will you keep on..
Will you keep on loving me?"

Damn Sade.

* * *

"Oh shit, we on the radio?! Ib, turn it up"

"Daaamn, if you can get radio play with this joint imagine how phenomenal another collab woulda been..." Ib prompted.

I smirked.

"That's if one of ya'll didn't catch blue balls"
Ib murmured under his breath.

"Shut up Ib." I chuckled, as he began rambling.