Beginnings

Jermaine

Home sweet home.
The air was so crisp compared to New York.
On some Inhale, Exhale-type Shit.
The tour ending meant a new beginning for me, and truthfully, I just needed space away from this little 'ol label that permitted me from finding peace.
North Carolina was an old memory granting a new start.

The tunnel surrounding meant I was oblivious to the colors of the skies.

"What should the time be?" I requested to Ib, walking and fiddling with my watch.

"Half past twelve." He responded.

I should of known. The light would flood through the canal as we finally stepped foot into the airport. Glad I was sleeping during the airplanes version of lunch, I caught site of the fast food chains at the rear of the building.

"Ib, you want McDonald's?" I grinned, rubbing my beard.

"Go on then!" Ib spoke in a British accent followed by me chuckling my ass off.

Ib started Milly rocking his way there as we added to the queues which varied in length.

He such a fool.

"You know you fat, right?" I laughed causing Ib to quit dancing about food.

"How n*gga?" He relaxed every muscle in his face.

"You had like..." I began counting on my fingers.

"Five meals on the plane, and now you eating McDonald's??" I smiled, raising my head.

"Man, you asked me!" Ib accused.

"That don't mean you not fat." I jabbed his stomach, quickly reversing before I was attacked.

'Hurt Ib' thought of a response, but failed to have any of his smart comebacks today.

"May I take your order."

I knew exactly what I was gonna do when we got home... It sent me chills just thinking about it.

"Thanks baby girl." I said, handing one bag to Ib and keeping the other.

I caught her blushing, faintly.
She cute or whatever.

Ib waddled away, nibbling a chicken nugget as I followed behind him to the parking lot.

We stuffed our faces before hitting the road.
I tapped some digits into the sat nav for FV gardens hotel.
Ib was in charge of finding a hotel as my house was still in construction. It was going to be in Raleigh, whereas we were all the way in Charlotte - somewhere I barely knew.
The sun still shon down on the broken out concretes whilst transforming the luscious grasses dry.

I have another tour in fucking- two weeks! The last tour took just over a year...
Sometimes I just needed to breath, Fayettenam has always been able to give me that space... Well, Raleigh has...

The journey was a long one, making it way past 11pm once we had reached the hotel.

I strolled in, whilst Ib heaved at the suitcases behind him, his own, and mine.