Chapter 18

"I found something," Chris told me. When I saw what was in his hand, I got the shock of my life. "You're so reckless. How can you drop two of them?"

"I don't know," I gasped. "So, was it in my room?"

"Yes."

"Thank you," I smiled, reaching my hand out to take it. He quickly pulled his own hand away. My smiled faded. "Please give it to me."

"Jade. Please. I want to be with you forever."

"You knew I didn't want to be a vampire even though you still wanted me to and you found this blood. Why would you show it to me if you want to be with me forever. You must of known that I would want it."

"I don't know. I felt guilty."

"Chris please."

"I love you Jade. I really, really love you. I don't want you to be human."

His words caught me off guard. I knew that he liked me but I didn't know that he loved me. And to be honest, I wasn't sure if I loved him. I liked him. Maybe a little too much, but did I love him? No idea. Maybe I kind of did but I wanted to grown up and have a lifetime of all amazing things. "Chris. Just give it to me."

"On one condition."

"Name it."

"I break up with you right now."

"What?!"

"I can't be with you forever. All this time we have left together is going to be wasted so just find a new boyfriend who can give you more than I can."

"No!" I shouted. "Don't. Please. I want to be with you for as long as I can. I love you too."

Why did I just say that? That was so embarrassing. A lot of things I did seemed to be embarrassing. Without saying anything more, Chris handed me my blood. I grinned the biggest grin I'd ever grinned before. I was going to become human again. It was too good to be true. Maybe I was dreaming. No. No I wasn't. This was real. Still grinning, I drank my blood and when I was finished, I felt so proud to be human. It was weird that I'd been human, become a vampire, been human again, become a vampire again and now I was human! It can kind of mess with your head a little.

"It's over," was all Chris said. "Now get out of my house and go home."

"It isn't over. I want to be with you Chris. Please."

"I said get out of my house," he growled.

Forcing the tears to stay in my eyes, I left his house. A human and a vampire could never be together. It just couldn't work out. I've had to go through pain to stay with Chris. Maybe it was just never meant to be for us. If only he was human. My life could have gone on perfectly. Well, not perfectly. My sister and parents were gone. It was back to school, homework, being bullied and living alone. It would suck completely but what's done is done. 

Everyday seemed to drag. Chris and I never made eye contact at school, never spoke to each other. The only good thing really was that I was human. Otherwise, everything was terrible. Why did vampires have to exist? Why? Why? Why? It wasn't fair. It was so unfair. Because of vampires, everything in my life was ruined. My sister was dead, my boyfriend broke up with me. Not even tears could get out all the sadness that was in in me.