Chapter 2

Chris arrived quicker than I'd expected. 

"Hi," he exclaimed as soon as I opened the door.

"Hi, um, come in," I told him.

"Thanks."

I lead him to the sitting room where I was watching 'The Vampire Diaries'. It was my favourite program ever!

"You like 'The Vampire Diaries'?" Chris inquired.

"Yeah, you?"

"It's all right but I think Twilight has more to offer."

"Oh," was all I could say. I felt really awkward and embarrassed with my crush sitting in my living room. I didn't even know what to say so I asked something quite simple. "Have you done the homework? Or started it at least? I mean, they gave us quite a lot to do."

"I've done half. You?"

"Same but I don't have a clue with the other half."

"Maybe we could work on it together? One day I could come here and the next you could come to mine."

I didn't know what to say to this. It would be nice but, I wasn't sure. Working with someone would get my homework done quicker so...yeah, why not?

"Sure. Shall we start from tomorrow?"

"Ok," he responded. "Are you still worried about the animal attacks?"

"Yep."

"Well, you shouldn't be. No animal is going to come after you."

"You don't know that."

"I do actually. Just trust me. Promise me you won't worry about it?"

"I can't promise that."

"Jade, please?"

How could he ask me this? The entire town should be worried but I did as I was told. "I promise."

"Good," then turning back to the screen he said, "What episode is this?"

"The first. It's the best episode out of them all."

"Really?"

"In my opinion," I added.

We carried on talking for about half an hour. I don't know why but with Chris in my home with me, I didn't feel so alone any more. I didn't feel worried about being attacked. Then a thought struck me.

"Hey. You know you said don't worry about being attacked? Well my sister was attacked in her bedroom. How can I not worry?"

"Like I said. Just trust me," he pleaded. "I gotta go now but I'll see you tomorrow to work on the homework."

"Um, yes and you're coming here right?"

"Yes."

Getting up off the sofa, I switched off the TV then watch as Chris left. I didn't really want him to leave. I enjoyed his company. He made me feel safe. I promised that I wouldn't worry about being attacked but it was a lie. I was terrified. That night, I made sure every window in the house was closed and the door was locked. It made me feel slightly better with everything closed but not perfectly better. From now on, I wasn't ever going to open any windows.

I was a little silly but I wanted to look nice for when Chris came so I put on usual casual clothes, washed my hair and blow dried it really fancy. I looked in the mirror and was pleased with my work. I tear trickled down my face when I looked at the picture of Ruby stuck to my mirror. I wiped it away quickly just as the doorbell rang. Dam. I hadn't even had breakfast. I wasn't going to tell him that. 

It turned out to be the milkman. Phew! I had time for breakfast. I ate quickly hoping the door bell wouldn't ring. It didn't. I washed up quickly. It didn't ring. I made sure all the windows were closed, and it rang! Phew. I was worried he was going to let me down.

"Hi Jade," he greeted. 

"Hey, um, lets, lets go to the kitchen."

"Right so which question are you stuck on?"

"This algebra question. I'm useless at algebra."

"Ok, I'll help you."

We got through the algebra in a flash.

"You know," Chris started. "I enjoy working with you so can we stop here so this homework thing together lasts a while?"

"Yeah," I answered.

"Your hair looks pretty by the way."

My heart leaped when I heard that. I knew I was blushing.

"Don't be embarrassed. It was just a compliment," he reassured me, patting me on the back. "It always looks nice anyway."

"Thanks."

"Well, here's my address," he explained, handing it to me. "See you tomorrow. Don't get up. I'll see myself to the door."

"Ok. Bye!"

The following day, I found his home easily. It was literally a minute from my house. His home was nice. The garage was wooden like his door. It was quite a big house. The front porch was sweet with all its flower baskets. I rang the bell once and a woman answered instead of him. She was too young to be his mum. Maybe his sister? 

"Hi. I'm Chris's sister Cristina. You must be Jade. I'm bot really a shaking--hand person so I'll just say, come in."

"Thanks and hi," I smiled, stepping into the house.

"Chris is just in the bathroom. He'll be down in a second. Just wait there."

And with that, she left me standing there. Whilst waiting for Chris, I took in my surroundings. His home was quite posh. Very clean, very tidy. I was impressed.

"Jade!"

"Oh, Chris, hi."

"Lets go into the dining room to do the homework."

"Ok."

This homework thing lasted for about a week. It was a lot of fun. We both wished we'd had more homework to do together. We worked great together. I didn't feel as embarrassed around Chris any more, which was good.

We didn't see each other for a few days. I felt rude to go to his house so I just minded my own business by staying at home. Weirdly, he knocked on my door with Twilight in his hand. 

"You haven't seen this have you?" He asked, getting to the point straight away.

"No."

"Great. Lets watch it together. You'll love it. Trust me."

"Ok."

To my surprise, I really enjoyed Twilight. Next day, he brought New Moon, the second one, which was even better and Eclipse was even better than the second! That day when we watched Eclipse, Chris told me something really starnge and really fast.

"I have to say this fast ok."

"Ok?" I answered in more of a questioning tone.

"Ever since we met, I've had a huge crush on you. I think you're so beautiful, no, absolutely stunning. I get really jealous when other guys talk to you. I hate it when people tease you. Your height is fine to me and I just have a big crush on you."

I didn't know what to say. I was extremely embarrassed now. My cheeks were really red. I knew they were. I hated blushing. 

"Ok. What am I supposed to say about this?"

"I don't know."

"I feel the same way about you?"

"Good!"